Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Game #5 L.A. Rams (3-1) vs. Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

• What a freaking game. Russ is on a-whole-nother level this year. Loved watching him do his thing on TNF too. Lucky to walk away with a win but I'll take it any day of the week!

I definitely got emotional after watching Russ talk about Paul Allen. Magical night. Thank you Paul.

• This team is obviously flawed. That said, that game is the closest it's felt to 2012/13/14 in a long time. Had that magic about it.

Russell is just lights out. I've been a fan of his since the first moment I watched him play but he's at a point where I don't think I'd take any other QB in the history of the game over him right now.

I know we're bound to get a let down at some point, it's only a matter of time before he throws a pick or makes a couple of bad decisions and comes back down to earth a little bit, but right now I'm enjoying watching him and this team play as much as I ever have.

Imagine this exact team with the LOB in the defensive backfield. 😱 😱 😢 😢

• It really was kinda magical. I'm trying not to expect "magical" every game but its hard not to after games like this one.
    Especially after a night honoring Paul Allen. It was fitting to have a great game the same night.

Now @Zeb-Stark, looking at your first and last statements, do you thing the secondary is the biggest flaw the team has right now? If so, I agree. The O-line could be a bit better and maybe another WR could emerge (or be traded for) but QB,RB, DL when Jarran gets back,and LB are all pretty good. Its the secondary outside of Griffin that looks to me to be the teams weakness.

• Yeah it is definitely the secondary IMO. And probably our safeties more than anything. T2 obviously had that great pick and I love McDougald, I look forward to seeing more from guys like Blair, Lano, Ugo, even Colbert, but imagine if we had Earl & Kam back there? Sherm too, obviously, but I think we would see Flowers & Griffin both elevate their game with those two roaming around back there.

Anyway, pipe dream, not even really worth talking about, but...... great game last night. Had to double up on my lisinopril but I had a great time!