Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Throw Back! 1979 vs Raiders

• Youtube Video

What a find!

Treat yourself!

• Wow! That Largent TD catch on Lester Hays was Amaze-balls!!

Also, television graphics have a come a long way since '79. Lol!

• There is some classic stuff in this game.. 2 Largent TDs (his first two of the season), a fake punt (Seahawks were famed for their trick plays at that time), and Coach Jack Patera getting a standing ovation from the crowd for not leaving the field while he protested an utterly unfair delay of game penalty (the play clock in Zorn's field of vision never started).

Plus watching Manu Tuiasasopo get a sack, watch Cliff Branch gather in over a hundred yards, an aging Stabler and Dave Casper.. what a cool game.

• @Birdfinger said in Throw Back! 1979 vs Raiders:

Wow! That Largent TD catch on Lester Hays was Amaze-balls!!

Also, television graphics have a come a long way since '79. Lol!

That catch is used in a lot of Largent highlight reels. Its so amazing. Becuase its 1970s stats I dont think people realize how good Largent was. And despite my lack of objectivity, I will throw this out there too -- Jim Zorn was really, really good. Pre Free Agency, he got an expansion team to 9-7 within 3 years. Again, younger people dont understand how big a deal that was. If Zorn had played in a modern offense he would have lit it up. Instead he ended up with happy feet from years behind sub par lines and so by mid 1983 wasnt the most effective QB anymore. But he was so fun to watch.