Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Game #2 Seattle Seahawks (1-0) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1)

• Youtube Video

Channel: KCPQ 13 FOX
    Time: 10:00 AM PST
    Line: 4.5 - Pittsburgh

• The preview video is split on who wins this game; one analyst says the Steelers are too proud to lose and the other said that they're just not as good as the Seahawks.

I predicted a loss because I don't know if our defense will correct fast enough for the type of offense the Steelers run. Giving more credit to their potato-looking QB to score points instead of just racking up yards.

• @sammyc521 said in Game #2 Seattle Seahawks (1-0) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1):

I predicted a loss because I don't know if our defense will correct fast enough for the type of offense the Steelers run. Giving more credit to their potato-looking QB to score points instead of just racking up yards.

We're on the same page. Not feeling really great about this game. When the schedule came out, I marked this one as a loss. I don't see any reason to change it even after Pitts loss to the Pats.

• Not sure if I want to commit to watching the game by myself at 10AM or waking up earlier and going to meet up with a friend.

Not expecting a lot for this game for a few reason:

• AFC Games rarely come into play for tie-breakers
    • I just want it to be over
    • I don't believe in the 10AM Curse but I am worried about coming out flat against a more desperate team
    • The previous Seahawks have not scored at Heinz Field and I don't think it'll be an issue for this team but I also think that we will start slow
    • Kind of surprising that quite a few players are listed as injured and may not played

Regardless, #GoHawks.

• I personally hate watching Seahawks games with someone if its on TV. Live, thats different. But a broadcast.. I need to be alone. Regular season other games I will watch with people but leave me alone for Hawks games.

You should watch it alone.

Some comments on your comments..

agreed it wont matter for Tie breakers but Im just hoping for the best record possible.
    you seem very nervous for the game.

The 10am curse was a Holmgren era thing. A lot of our sort of Pavlovian fears are rooted in the Holmgren Era it seems. For such good teams that had very pronounced and definite weaknesses..

We will be scoring. A lot. on Heinz Field this time.

This year is weird in that since TC so many people seem hurt..

• Oh..Im getting excited. @aureus sent me a downer of a link showing how bad the Seahawks are on the road in September and how good the Steelers are after home losses..but thats just random stats..no causality. Nothing about the 2018 Steelers did any better or worse because of what anyone on the team did in 2013.

I like where we are headed. This is gonna be the kind of game we dont like I guess.. kind of high scoring..but we come out on top.

• Hey @Veda-the-Moor , Have Scotty beam some of that optimism for this game my way. I'm fully believing Hawks will play ugly and lose ugly. Stay away from Seahawks Twitter the rest of the day. Its gonna be a sickening swamp of hate and dissappointment. Possibly the standard calls for coordinator firings and such will make an appearance.

However... I promise to be less arguementitive today. I yield to ye with the knowledge I admittedly do not posess.

Fist bump! 👊🏻

GOOOOO SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Prove Me Wrong!!!!

FYI - Todays jersey will be an Away Nike Lynch Authentic . I'm hoping for some attitude the Seahawks had when Lynch was playing and they go out and be the bullies today.

• Man.. Im more and more fed up with Seahawk twitter..and not even the rank and file. The guys who produce stuff and hope it will turn into a paying gig and think they do "research"..or the guys who seem to semi pros..? I cant tell the difference anymore since the internet has created a TON of crap journalism that tarnishes the sparse remaining real journalists.

Anyway.. I dont really see why everyone is so glum. Pitt is NOT a more talented team than us and our coaching staff is better. We wont play pretty, thats not Seahawk football..but we will play them close and then in that quarter that you CAN win a game...the 4th.. we are going to do enough. Because we will have shortened the game ENOUGH..

We wont be in base defense all day today so you will feel better. 🙂

• John Ursua is active.. Ziggy Ansah is not.

Other inactives for Seattle: C Joey Hunt, WR David Moore, WR Gary Jennings (sigh..), CB Neiko Thorpe (could be the most important inactive), FS Tedric Thompson, DT Poona Ford (this sucks too)

Steelers:

RB Roosevelt Nix, CB Justin Layne (that is SUCH a cornerback name), LB Jayrone Elliott, OL Fred Johnson, OL Chukwuma Okorafor, TE Zach Gentry, DE Isaiah Buggs

• Stinkin' Stealers showed XL highlights when the Seahawks ran out of the tunnel.

• Branden Jackson with the sack !!! Nice!!!

• OMG what a shoestring catch !!! WOW.

• dayum... Wilson got smushed!

• There it is! Ben has an "injury" again.

Poor thing.

• Big Ben died 4 times in one game, but still threw the winning TD. Hes so manly . FFS.

• Jaron Browns name finally called this season!

Oh. Not a good thing.

• C. Carson is so good.. man.. and that Lockett dude too.

• Hawks making plays and flipping the field at least. Penalties and sacks are making things tougher on them.

• Not picking up the blitzes properly and not adjusting to stunts. Think you gonna have to start keeping the RB in as the last chance blocker.. and gotta recognize where its coming from and throw short routes right at that area. Maybe run a draw play over and over til they respect it.

• Home cooking no-calls of holding by the home team....

• Jesus Christ the color commentator is massacring the English language... just random word choice.. WORDS HAVE MEANING. FIND THE WORD YOU MEAN.

• Rare fumble by Carson but great play by Watt. Damn.

• Stupid to challenge this PI..it is PI and we learned last week anyway that almost nothing is going to be turned over.

• @Veda-the-Moor said in Game #2 Seattle Seahawks (1-0) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1):

Stupid to challenge this PI..it is PI and we learned last week anyway that almost nothing is going to be turned over.

Agreed. Pete just hoping. Kendricks not having the best game so far.

• "Big third down. Let's see if they can answer the call."

What? What call? Use real English.