Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Game #1 Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) vs Seattle Seahawks (0-0)

• Seahawks driving. Big catch be DK and nice run for what was called a TD but after review will be at the 1.

Happily wrong! The TD counts!!

14-10 Seahawks!!

• 10 points in a half, after being on the field almost the whole time because the offense didnt get much going for a quarter and a half..

I mean, yea..bad drive there with a couple mental mistakes but.. man.. the defense is looking alright, playing to their strengths, being patient and letting the Bengals come to them.

I live the game plan so far and Im a little surprised how fans are reacting. Has no one noticed that Pete isnt interested in winning the first quarter? Its the long game, setting them up so bad for things.

• That JIF peanut butter commerical is excellent. Cant remember the last time I saw a peanut butter commercial.

• Amadi looks real hurt.. dammmmmmmmmm

• @Veda-the-Moor said in Game #1 Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) vs Seattle Seahawks (0-0):

Amadi looks real hurt.. dammmmmmmmmm

HARD collision!

• phew. ran off. Awesome.

Seahawks got so lucky there.. Ross had a TD as the rookie nickel back just f'ed up bad..

• @Veda-the-Moor said in Game #1 Cincinnati Bengals (0-0) vs Seattle Seahawks (0-0):

10 points in a half, after being on the field almost the whole time because the offense didnt get much going for a quarter and a half..

I mean, yea..bad drive there with a couple mental mistakes but.. man.. the defense is looking alright, playing to their strengths, being patient and letting the Bengals come to them.

I live the game plan so far and Im a little surprised how fans are reacting. Has no one noticed that Pete isnt interested in winning the first quarter? Its the long game, setting them up so bad for things.

You mean 17 points....

• Dont know what youre complaining about..their are playing the coverage you are asking for now and they gave up back to back TDs and should have been TDs.

That play shows why they spent all off season trying to replace T2..and didnt . Blair missed too much time, Amadi didnt grab the position.. man.

• You're right. my complaining is misplaced. Base defense is the only chance to win this game. Lets hope they play better.

Uh-oh.... talk of bad weather starting to roll into Seattle....

Thompson screwed the pooch.... does Blair get a shot?

• Carson fumbles to Bengals, Dalton fumbles to Seahawks, Seahawks go nowhere, Dickson punts.

Bengal ball in their own territory.

C'mon D!!

• Seahawk D trying on the "Bend Don't Break" defense as Bengals miss a field goal.

If I recall the defense has given up a couple 3rd and longs. Got to clean that up.

• BDB defense comes through again with a stop on 4th and 1!

Bengals playing better defense through 3 quarters and moving the ball easier than Seattle on offense.

• 44 yard TD pass to Lockett!!

21-17 Seahawks!!

Now to defend this lead....

• Bengals driving easily into Seahawks Red Zone.

Flowers with multiple penalties on the drive. His PI gave them 1st and Goal.

Whew!! Held them to 3. D kinda broke but not for the full 7 so thats good!

21-20 Seahawks!!

• Hawks go 3 and out again. Big drop from Lockett.

Hawks D forces a punt downed inside the 10.

3:22 left in game

21-20 Seahawks

• Hawks with at 2 and 11 at 2:00 warning. Needs 1 more first down to win this game.

C'mon Offense!!!!

fyi - Poona hurt his calf and Dissly hurt is right knee.

• Offense fails to get the last first down to win the game. Will punt to the Bengals 25 with 21 seconds left and no timeouts.

• HAWKS WIN!!!!

Questionable final play call of a fumble by Dalton. Ruled a fumble and a clear recovery by Seattle.

Personally, I don't think it was the right call. The ball wasn't clearly moving when Dalton's hand went forward.

But its ok Seattle benefits from some missed/bad calls everyonce in a while!

• What an annoying game; reminds me of the Miami-Seattle home opener 3 (?) years ago?

The thing is that all the mistakes the Seahawks made can be fixed (or at least I hope).

-Poor Tackling in the Secondary
    -No targets to a WR not names DK Metcalf going into the 3rd quarter; only Dissly and Carson got targets at that point
    -Soft coverage in the secondary which is all the Sean McVay teams runs; not promising for our year
    -Running the HB right into the heart of the Bengals biggest strength - their interior D
    -Tre Flowers and Tedric Thompson had a poor game (or they were given a bad game plan

Bright spots:
    -Bobby Wagner is a 99 in Madden and real life
    -DK Metcalf was great, his 25-year catch on 3rd and 5 was amazing
    -Quinton Jefferson was causing so much chaos pass rushing, pass defending and getting pressure
    -Russell Wilson doing just enough to win game stats be damned
    -Michael Dickson is still an All-Pro Punter