Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Updated Prediciton, post Preseason Games. LB and DBs

• Linebackers:

Keep: Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Mychal Kendricks, Austin Calitro, Cody Barton, Ben Burr-Kirven.

Cut: Justin Currie, Jawuan Johnson, Juwon Young.

IR: Shaquem Griffin

Griffin seems hurt.. to SOME degree, so they will IR him and hope he progresses this year. I think hes a good football player, but as I wrote last year, at this level I wonder how much the hand complicates things. Give him another year and see if he can figure out the angles to take, how to beat the handwork and blocks. Its asking a lot. No matter what he has accomplished a lot and I want that to be highlighted. I think also, being a twin, it only helps to have in town to help the other twin out mentally. This year, Griffin didnt show on tape more than BKK, or Calitro or even Barton. I wonder if a change to Strong Safety might actually be in order. That would cover some of the hand issues.

Defensive Backs:

Cornerback:

Keep: Shaquill Griffin, Tre Flowers, Akeem King, Neiko Thorpe, Jamar Taylor.

Cut: Jeremy Boykins, Simeon Thomas, Kalan Reed.

Safety:

Keep: Bradley McDougald, Tedric Thompson, Marquise Blair, Ugo Amadi

Cut: Lano Hill, Shalom Luani, DeShawn Shead

Changes I made.. Shead got cut. So I was wrong. I said it.

DeShawn Shead has already been cut. As has Luani. Im a little stuck here. Ugo Amadi might make it as the Slot CB (Nickleback) , backing up the safeties. The coaching staff clearly intended for T2 to not be a starter anymore but injuries have dictated things more than performance. I feel like Simeon Thomas might make the team, but I cant make it work. So.. This is an interesting group with lots of talent and potential and it will be interesting to see if the scheme is flexible to make it work since where the talent is now isnt at the same positions or qualites as before.

• The trade for Clowney may keep Shaqueem off the IR and on the regular season roster now.

Losing Mingo and Green is a depth move but with so much talent at LB I don't see this as a problem at all.

• I think it just means we keep one of the other borderline DEs.. Branden Jackson. Or maybe it lets them keep Bryan Mone who could be sniped if let go.