Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Updated Predictions , post Preseason Games. O and D lines

• Lots of variables and doubt on the Lines... some calls are hard to make..

Offensive Line:

Keep: Duane Brown, D.J. Fluker, Justin Britt, Mike Iupati, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, Ethan Pocic, Joey Hunt, Jamarco Jones

Cut: Marcus Martin, Landon Turner, Brian Wallace, Jordan Roos, Elijah Nkansah, Jordan Simmons.

PUP? PS? Phil Haynes

So the back up line has looked quite awful so choices maybe obvious to those with the all 22. Hunt and Fant and Pocic seem pretty secure. One could argue if Hunt should be, but he is. Added a 9th OL here. Id still like to keep Simmons based on what he did last year but not sure it will work out. Which leads to --

Totally out there scenario: Germaine Ifedi to Houston as part of a trade for Clowney, in which case.. Simmons or someone not on the roster becomes the 9th lineman.

Defensive Line:

Keep: Ezekiel Ansah, L.J. Collier, Poona Ford, Al Woods, Quinton Jefferson, Rasheem Green, Cassius Marsh, Jamie Meder, Jacob Martin, Barkevious Mingo.

Cut: Bryan Mone, Nazair Jones, Jay-Tee Tiuli, Earl Mitchell, Branden Jackson

Suspended: Reed

PUP: Christmas

Ive changed Brenden Jackson to cut. I added Jamie Meder in his place. I am not sure this is right, not sure how many run stoppers you need but Meder is making plays. Obviously its a different position, but Branden Jackson just feels like a guy now, and doesnt seem to offer much value in a rotation over someone.

The Optional Scenario: Clowney gets brought in via trade (or maybe Everson Griffin), and Cassius Marsh or Mingo get cut. Mingo would make the sting of the salary hurt less as hes scheduled to make about 4 million this year.

• So.. with the Clowney trade.. Martin and Mingo are gone, Clowney in.. with Branden Jackson making it maybe. Or POSSIBLY Mone if they dont think they can get him to PS.

@sammyc521 thinks the trade could open a space for Shaqueem but I dont see them keeping 7 LBs when usually we dont even have all 3 LBs out on the field.