Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

#405 Pre-Season Final 8-28-19

• @sammyc521, @Zeb-Stark, & @Veda-the-Moor are ready to close out the Pre-Season as the Seahawks face the Raiders at home for the last meaningless game of the year. Who makes the roster? Who gets picked up?

Join them live by going to their channel; https://www.twitch.tv/hawkscast

Get your questions in; we've love to get you guys involved. Any topic added to the main forum may be selected for the third topic: the Hawks Cast Corner.

• Youtube Video

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/hawkscast/405-final-pre-season-8-28-19

The Pre-Season is coming to a close and so is the chance for so many on that 87-man roster. The Seahawks are coming up on their final game before they really matter but who's going to be playing in this game? Starters are playing less and less in the preseason so who are you looking for on the team to make the final cuts? This is the Hawks Cast Podcast brought to you by the Hawks Cast Forum.

Topic #1 What positions will be the toughest when it comes to roster cuts?
    Topic #2 Is it the right plan to sit so many starters in the preseason?
    Topic #3 Hawks Cast Corner - Entering the Trade Rumor part of the preseason!
    Topic #4 With Luck retiring, will Wilson be the undisputed #1 QB from that draft class?

Predictions
    Yes/No Russ Starts
    Yes/No Bobby Starts
    Yes/No DK Metcalf Plays
    Yes/No Blair Plays
    Raiders/Seahawks Who plays more starters
    Yes/No Shead scores for a 3rd time in the preseason

• Prosise should be showcased in hope of being traded. (Like Ross said)

Topic 1 -

I think all spots are kind of established but positions like DE just isn't good enough. Secondary is maybe average but hopefully on the rise. Starting LB's with Calitro and Barton are real good.

Shaquem as of now, is off the bubble. He's a cut imo. There isn't any place for him. This breaks my heart a bit. He was my adopt-a-rookie.

Topic 2 -

I think its up to the coach to determine the risk/benefit of playing someone in the preseason. Pete always have seemed cautious about playing guys with injuries so it makes sense that he'd hedge a bit playing them in the preseason. The idea of "knocking the rust off" is subjective and I see that determination best made by the coaching staff. Some players may need more than others.

Topic 3 -

Shout out received!!

Clowney is totally worth it. 1st big reason is he apparently WANTS to be here. This alone goes a long way to hopefully a good faith negotiation long term after the season and avoid the "1 year rental" issue. We give a 2 and a player and even a late rounder.... Just got distracted by Zeb comparing acquiring Clowney to Harvin. Wow, Clowney equals no more than a "capable body" on the line? Zeb... dude.... Clowney will "tilt the field" in our favor dramatically. I promise. C'mon man, this is ME talking. When have I ever steered you wrong? I mean besides Shaquem so far......

Topic 4 -

Andrew Luck will be missed. His GM should take some blame though. He never had much of an Offensive line. He was constantly getting hit. Sad to see such a talent just get his heart and desire beat out of him.

Predictions:

Russ Starts - No
    Bobby Starts - No
    DK plays - Yes
    Blair plays - yes
    Raiders plays more starters
    Shead Scores - No