Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

The Mandalorian - Disney +

• alt text

It appears that Disney's decision to hold off on Baby Yoda merchandise has left a void in the plush/toy market. New came out today that Disney is filing copy-right claims against anyone on Etsy using their site to sell unofficial merch.

Several Etsy sellers tell The Verge they have had their listings removed, cutting off popular products and disrupting existing sales. One seller, Tanya, who runs the stuffed animal storefront YourStuffedMemories, had been selling homemade Baby Yoda plushies for about a month when she received a message from Etsy. It had deactivated her sales listing after getting a complaint from Disney over her usage of the words “Star Wars,” “mandalorian,” and “Yoda” to sell the plushies.

I don't take a side; Disney knew they would lose out to people trying to sell knock off of their non-exist merch but they also have the right (and requirement) to protect their IPs.

The work-around is that these sellers will just rename it with stuff that is harder to find with just "the child" as one of their tags. They won't be able to use "Mandalorian, Star Wars or Yoda" as a key tag.

• https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mandalorian-final-twist-shows-off-093920297.html

This article nails my thoughts.

Loved the first seaons of Mandalorian..but the Dark Saber has me uneasy they are about to go the safe and easy route.. and the confirmation familiar characters will show up.. is disappointing.

Lets do something else in the Star Wars galaxy , or just dont do anything at all.

• Just like a cigarette is a delivery system for nicotine or a french fry is a delivery system for Chick-Fil-A Fry Sauce, The Mandalorian is a delivery system for Baby Yoda content and I will not tolerate any negativity towards it!!

I have spoken.

• @Veda-the-Moor said in The Mandalorian - Disney +:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mandalorian-final-twist-shows-off-093920297.html

This article nails my thoughts.

Loved the first seaons of Mandalorian..but the Dark Saber has me uneasy they are about to go the safe and easy route.. and the confirmation familiar characters will show up.. is disappointing.

Lets do something else in the Star Wars galaxy , or just dont do anything at all.

I don't actually see the Dark Saber tying to Jedi or Sith; it's very much a Mandalorian weapon that has huge importance to their culture. As far as it's been presented in Clone Wars/Rebels is that it's essentially a crown and not a "Jedi weapon."

While its roots are 100% Jedi linked, it's not been used as a Jedi story-telling item at all in both of Dave Filoni's series. I don't see that all of a sudden changing as the show has made it clear that no one knows what the Force is and how Baby Yoda can wield it.

The Mandalorian has shown itself to be 90% old Star Wars with 10% new stuff. I think that's okay because it's not going to change how we think about stuff; it's fleshing out all the side stuff that will be cool and resonate with fan while also never pissing them off.

• Season 2 of the Mandalorian is coming October 2020. That's at least 1+ months earlier than i expected.

So it might be setup that people will go from 6 episodes of The Falcon and Wi ter Soldier to 8 episodes of the Mandalorian and then 6 episodes of WandaVision. Glad I got my extended contract for Disney+.