Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Seahawks Franchise Tag DE Frank Clark

• alt text

Seahawks.com writes:

Despite the fact that Frank Clark’s rookie contract came to an end after the 2018 season, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider made it clear at the NFL Scouting Combine that the defensive end was in their plans for 2019.
    “Frankie will be with us, yeah,” Carroll said Thursday. A day earlier, Schneider also said that Clark would be a Seahawk in 2019, and while neither explicitly said it, the implication was that, short of reaching a long-term contract extension prior to Tuesday’s deadline, the Seahawks would place the franchise tag on Clark.

To no ones surprise, the Seahawks elected to use their Franchise Tag on DE Frank Clark to secure his rights for at least another year (or heaven forbid trade him).

His Franchise Tag is setup for $17.128M which is nearly 6x more than what he made in the previous 4 years combined (4 year, $3,732,225 with a $900k signing bonus).

The Seahawks opted to use the Non-Exclusive which means he can sign with another team but the Seahawks are guaranteed two 1st-round picks in return (they can always negotiate down).

• At 17 million... wouldn't you say there's a chance someone actually takes him and gives the two #1s?

• I have no problem with tagging him. Let's see how he does while making big bucks. Besides, aren't the 'Hawks still negotiating with him?

• The Seahawks have until July 15th(?) for Clark to sign his Tender otherwise he's locked to a 1-year deal (I think this includes teams that would trade for him too).

• 17 million isnt that bad...I am good either way.. he stays at that price or we get 2 #1s. I would think though that the Patriots would have to take a long hard look at that. Their #1s are usually 31 or 32...