Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

ESPN Predicts Wilson MVP and Seahawk Superbowl

• alt text

Fieldgulls.com spoils a lot of information hidden behind ESPN+'s pay-wall but onto the good stuff.

Kevin Seifert, national NFL writer: Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks. Lost in the weekly debate about the Seahawks’ running emphasis was that Wilson had one of the best passing seasons of his career, with 35 touchdown passes, seven interceptions and 9.0 adjusted yards per attempt. If coach Pete Carroll shifts the ratio just a bit, Wilson is ready to put up MVP-type numbers.

Mike Sando (formerly of the Tacoma News Tribune) predicts the Seahawks and the Patriots will appear in the Superbowl but has the Patriots winning.

Sando: Patriots over Seahawks. These teams are 1-2 in NFL winning percentage since Russell Wilson’s rookie season in 2012. New England is always in the mix. Seattle’s ability to win 10 games during a rebuilding season served notice that Pete Carroll’s team will be contending sooner rather than later. Minnesota is another interesting dark horse from the NFC.

• I'm anxious to see what the Hawks do this offseason. I love the offseason. I think we'll get a real good idea about the team as JS sets up the roster before the draft. He likes to have all positions at least addressed in some compacity and with such few picks those decisions will really shape if we'll have a potential Super Bowl team.

• I want DL, LB and S as the primary targets in the Draft/Free Agency.

If they can add an OG/WR then I will be more happy.