alt text

I love Spider-Man and I love this movie. It might be the best comic-book movie this year (better than Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, and Ant-Man & the Wasp)

I saw it opening night with my son. Saw is last night when my friend from Tokyo came to visit after eating Mexican food.

The look of the movie is the perfect combination of comics + animation. You 100% understand it's a comic world you're watching and it feels very real. There's a grittiness that you sense which is so true to New York (and Brooklyn where a lot of this movie takes place).

Each character is perfect and adds so much to this movie. It also perfectly opens the chance for franchise/world building since each character has a story worth telling.

There's 100's of easter eggs littered through the movie like a scene where a character is watching an episode of Community. The premier episode of season 2 has a montage of all the characters waking up for the first day of school. Donald Glover, playing the character Troy Barnes, wakes up in a Spider-Man shirt to acknowledge the fact there was a viral push to get Donald Glover to play the new Peter Parker in Spider-Man once it was rumored that they were going to reboot Spider-Man.

alt text

The character watching the show is Aaron Davis, who Donald Glover played in the MCU's Spider-Man: Homecoming warning that Spider-Man that he has a nephew who lives close by and he didn't want that around him.

Also, I bought these too; Air Jordan Retro 1 Origin Story which are similar to the Chicago 1's that the main character wears in the movie.

alt text