The Blame Game: Seahawks are 1-5 in one-score games
sammyc521 last edited by
Game#1 @ Broncos 24-27
- Denver scores a TD with 11:11 left on the clock in the 4th
- Russell sacked in 3rd down on two of their last 3 possesions
- Only two first-downs in their last three possessions
Game#2 @ Chicago 17-24
- Russell throws a pick-6 to put the Bears up 24-10 with 6:37 left in the 4th
- Seahawks score a TD with 14-seconds left on the clock
- Not really a one-score game
Game #4 @ Arizona 20-17
- Arizona ties the game at 17-17 with 8:59 left on the clock
- Seabass kicks the 52-yard GW FG with no time left
- Seahawks drove from their own 35 after a missed Arizona FG to the Arizona 34
Game #5 Vs. Rams 31-33
- Seattle takes the lead 31-24 in the 3rd with 1:35 left
- Rams score less than 2-minutes later but don't convert the PAT 31-30 Seahawks
- Rams kick the go-ahead FG at 6:05 in the 4th
- QB Goff converts a 4th and inches with a QB Sneak
- (Final Seahawks Possession) At the Ram 32-yard line (49-yard FG attempt) with 4:28 left, Seahawks commit a false-start > 2-yard loss on a run > 10-yard holding penalty > Incomplete pass to WR > Incomplete pass to WR > Punt from the Rams 45 with 3:45 left on the clock which they eat up the clock.
Game #8 vs. Chargers 17-25
- Seahawks are down 10-19 with 6:44 left in the 4th; Russell throws an INT returned for a TD but the Chargers miss the PAT 25-10.
- Seahawks score a TD and the PAT with 1:50 left on the clock to make it 17-25
- Seahawks get a 3-and-out (with a sack on 3rd down) to force a punt with 1:33 left on the clock
- Seahawks get a PI in the endzone with time expiring giving them an untimed down at the 1-yard line but then get called for offsides > play for the TD with opportunity to get the 2-pt to tie fails as the ball is tipped and David Moore can't secure it
Game #9 @ Ram 31-36
- Failed onside kick results in a FG for the Rams; 24-29
- Sack-fumble on Wilson results in a TD for the Rams; 24-36
- Seahawks score on a quick TD to Mike Davis from the 3-yard line; 31-36 (but use nearly 4 minutes of clock to score down 12-points)
- Seahawks final possession results in a turnover on downs after a failed 4th down pass sails over Lockett
To an extent.. this is just what happens when youre not an elite team, right? Great teams find a way to win those tight ones. Mediocre teams lose them. It used to be if Wilson got his hands on the ball in a one score game with less than 2 minutes left.. you felt we would win. We arent that team right now. But can we be? Sure. I see a couple positions where we need to really improve..a few players who will naturally get better.. some experience maybe for some players and we are right there.
Not sure we get there this year. But Im optimistic. And thats a weird thing for me to be.