NFL Trading Deadline
Hawks Cast last edited by
NFL Trade Deadline is today at 1PM PST.
- OAK WR Amari Cooper for DAL 2019 1st Round Pick
- NYG CB Eli Apple for NO 2019 4th Round and 2020 7th Round Picks
- CLE RB Carlos Hyde for JAX 2019 5th Round Pick
- CLE WR Josh Brown and 2019 7th Round Pick for NE 2019 5th Round Pick
- NYG DT Damon Harrison for DET 2019 5th Round Pick
Hawks Cast last edited by Hawks Cast
- DEN WR Demaryius Thomas and 2019 7th Round Pick for HOU 2019 4th Round Pick and 2019 7th Round Pick
- DET WR Golden Tate for PHI 2019 3rd Round Pick
- GB WR/RB Ty Montgomery for BAL 2020 7th Round Pick
- JAX DE Dante Fowler for the LAR 2019 3rd Round Pick and 2019 5th Round Pick
- GB S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix for WASH 2019 4th Round Pick
For those wondering, RB LeVeon Bell can't be traded because he hasn't signed his Franchise Tag.
Of all these trades, the best to me is Golden Tate to the Eagles. It's an expensive trade because Tate is a UFA at the end of this year (rumors that he's likely to re-sign with the Lions in the offseason... I guess) but Tate is a really dynamic WR who could kill teams. If he played for the Patriots or Chargers, he would kill teams if teams went exclusively with shallow crosses and underneath passes.
Those are the Seahawks kryptonite in the passing game.
If I were Tate, which I'm not, I'd rather stay with a winning team like the Eagles, than the Lions.
I think that he'll be able to semi-replace the RBs they've lost to injury with his underneath ability and elusiveness.
The Eagles offense is good for Tate in the sense that there are lots of open space opportunities, but they spread the ball around as opposed to Stafford mostly throwing to his top 2/3 WRs. I dont think winning motivates Tate, dollars and stats do. He clearly relished the chance to be a 90 catch guy in Detroit even if it meant watching Baldwin catch TDs in January from the couch.
I think that's a rough take; the Seahawks invested in Tate and he wanted to returned.
The Lions got everything they payed for with him. His contract looks like a bargain 4+ years later.