Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Red Dead Redemption 2

• Y'all gonna be playing RDR2? I can't wait for a follow-up (or I guess prequel) to the original, one of my all-time favorite games. All Rockstar Games studios have been functioning as a single team to make the game and it seems like they're going all-out with the immersion, details, etc.

I've been biding my time replaying the first one and more recently playing the new Spider-Man game. Apparently my PC is going to be left in the dust for the remainder of 2018.

• I want to... but one of the few games I'm not going to pre-order. I know it'll be awesome and that when the online launches it'll be more awesome... but that game (along with all of Rockstar's games) are huge time-blackholes.

There's already a backlog of games that I'm already playing so I don't want to overextend myself.

I'll probably panic on 10/25 and just buy the digital copy if I'm really honest.

• Dang, I think you got it backwards! Rockstar games are probably some of the only games I would ever feel comfortable preordering these days. Rockstar, Naughty Dog & CD Projekt Red are really it off the top of my head.

I totally understand, though, especially with the backlog of games. I haven’t touched probably 50% of my Steam library.

I haven’t preordered yet, prolly will buy it next Friday ($ day).

• Here to confirm that RDR2 is amazing.

That is all.

• @JGfromtheNW said in Red Dead Redemption 2:

Here to confirm that RDR2 is amazing.

That is all.

Hahaha... I wouldn't expect anything less... may wait for PC though.

I didn't panic-buy so kudos to me for saving myself for a little while.

• @sammyc521 tell you what, it took a long time to feel comfortable aiming/shooting on a controller again coming from pretty much only kb/m since 2013. I had to tweak a lot of the aiming controls even with the auto-aim mechanic that's been in all RDR and GTA games. Waiting for PC release might save some frustration in that department.

Just finished chapter 5 which is about 2/3 of the way through the story missions.

• My boss just got RDR2 and we've been joking at the office that he's been ducking out to play.

Wouldn't blame him.

RDR2 is also looks super story driven (which I enjoy) but I think it's a good thing that I passed initially. Can't let that suck me in.

• I loved the first one..as did everyone, duh. I got my PS4 nearly 2 years ago and havent bought a game for it yet but this is tempting me.

Someone mentioned Steam..does steam sell PS4 games?I am not wise in the way of games right now.

• Steam is PC related so until RDR2 comes to PC/Steam, you won't be able to play it through the Steam Store.

You should be able to login into the Playstation Store and buy the game digitally if you're so inclined. This is where you would buy this game to play it on your PS4.

• Finally finished Chapter 6 and the two Epilogues over the weekend. Holy cow the last few hours were an absolute rollercoaster. I laughed, I cried, I got pumped up to take care of one final deed. What a ride.

• Cool to hear that the game meets its hype.

I think that I will wait longer on RDR2 as I want to see what the multi-player is going to be like.

It looks amazing but I can't commit 60+ hours to another game that I'm still needing to finish.

I think it says something about a game if it can continue to pull me back for hours on end even though I'm not actually doing anything "new."

• I definitely feel like it lived up to the hype. I'm super excited to see what the Online is going to look like. My guess is it'll drop on the last day of the month since it's a Friday and RDR2 itself dropped on the last Friday of October.