Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Pre-Season Game #2 Seahawks @ Chargers

• Youtube Video

Broadcast: Q13 FOX
    Time: 7:00PM

• Notable notes:

• RB CJ Prosise, WR Brandon Marshall are playing
    • S Dontae Johnson & Maurice Alexander are available to play if no setbacks
    • RB Rashaad Penny is practicing again after his hand surgery (won't travel down to LA)
    • WR Amara Darboh & WR Tyler Lockett will not play in the game
    • CB Bryon Maxwell is uncertain to play
    • WR Doug Baldwin is running again and set for Week 1 of the regular season
    • DE Marcus Smith was released after mutual agreements; dealing with personal issues

• No. Not Marcus Smith. I was actually looking to him to significantly contribute. Him and Dion.

Well, I flunked Football Scouting in 7th grade so..... figures I guess.

• @birdfinger said in Pre-Season Game #2 Seahawks @ Chargers:

No. Not Marcus Smith. I was actually looking to him to significantly contribute. Him and Dion.

Well, I flunked Football Scouting in 7th grade so..... figures I guess.
    Crazy thing about Marcus Smith is that he's only 26; he was drafted in the 1st round in 2014.

For the Seahawks to cut him for non-football reasons is pretty alarming.

Obviously with our Pass Rush so thin, anything that impacts it will get magnified.

Maybe Green and Martin are really coming on?

• Here we go!!!

Surprise starters:

• RCB Tre Flowers
    • WR Jaron Brown

Notable Notes:

• When a guy with dreads cuts them off, I think of them as a brand new player like RB JD McKissic.
    • Helmet-to-helmet penalties are going to be insane this year.
    • RB Chris Carson looks so good.
    • OL looks competent.

• Ok, at the half I'm not really impressed with anything the Seahawks have going on in this one. Carson looked good but the fumble on the goal line just can't happen. Special teams giving up a punt return was disappointing. Ifedi stood out for the wrong reasons against Melvin Ingram. Russ was Russ but you could see him and his receivers weren't in sync. O-line started good but seemed to decline as the game went on.

Hopefully the backups will show out in the 2nd half. We'll see.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

During pre-season I only worry about players getting hurt, but it doesn't sound like any serious injuries last night......good!

• @lymon said in Pre-Season Game #2 Seahawks @ Chargers:

During pre-season I only worry about players getting hurt, but it doesn't sound like any serious injuries last night......good!

Fluker injured his hand but the reports are that it's not major but enough for him not to return in a pre-season game.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Yea.. Fluker dislocated a finger. Carroll said "..he's an offensive lineman so I assume he can tough that one out." Apparently he wanted to go back in the game with it and if it had been a regular season game they would have let him.