Pre-Season Game #1 Colts vs. Seahawks
Hawks Cast last edited by
Broadcast: Q13 FOX
Location: CenturyLink Field
I am so ready for this game.
Final score 15-9; Dickerson scores 3 drop-kick FGs and Janikowski and Myers both kick 50+ yard FGs.
Prosise is hurt again... #CutHim.
Bob Condotta (@Veda-the-Moor Twitter Nemisis):
Seahawks GM John Schneider says on pre-game radio show that C.J. Prosise has "a little hip injury'' and won't play tonight. That may also explain adding a running back earlier this week.
Looks like Duane Brown, Quinton Jefferson and Branden Jackson were in the locker room during the anthem.
Ran on to the field after it was over.
Seahawks win the coin toss. Sign of things to come!
Colts convert on a couple of plays but settle for a field goal. Robert Turbin ends up converting on a 4th and 1 on a pass from Luck earlier in the drive.
1st QTR 3-0 and time for Russell Wilson to get his first look of the 2018 year.
1st play from scrimmage and Wilson takes a play-action play for a 6-yard run.
On the 3rd play, Carson gets 4 on a run up the middle with no clear lanes.
Seahawks drive 75 yards, convert on a 4th and 1 of their own, Penny with key runs (and a pass block), Carson with huge, tough yards and Vannett scores a TD.
- 1st Team Offense, Wilson goes 4/5 with a TD, Carson gets the tough yards, Vannett catches a TD
- Penny and Carson; both playing great in their limited snaps, really demonstrated a solid 1-2 combo whether it was the tough runs or the nice pass blocking
- Rookie Defenders, Tre Flowers got a tough PI call but wasn't beat deep all game, Shaqueem made 4 tackles on the first 4 snaps he played, DE's Green and Martin had great pressure with the 2nd team Def
- Will Dissly caught everything thrown his way, big target soft hands (reminds me of Zach Miller)
- Competition at the kicking position; all Kickers and Punters played really well which means we won't have to settle on one
- No injuries to the starters on offense/defense
- RB's involved in the passing game (catching and pass blocking)
- Ifedi... Just kidding; he wasn't a bad mark with is always a plus
- Delano Hill misses a key tackle in the backfield that would have given the Seahawks a chance to win a meaningless game
- Inconsistent flags, it's the pre-season for the refs too
- Injuries to Jamarco Jones, Tre Madden and David Moore hurts our depth
- Austin Davis have a dumb turnover which cost the Seahawks points after driving so well
Birdfinger last edited by
Good game! First stringers looked good. Shaquem had a team high 9(?) tackles and was flying all around. If I'm honest, I feel Dickson is our new punter. He can kick as well as Ryan but at a lower price point. Rasheem Green looked like a great pick. He'll be formidable on the line.
If I'm still being honest, I mostly watched Shaquem tonight. I didn't know I was gonna fanboy on him but I did. I was watching him like he was my son or something. Ridiculous. I'll shake it off after a couple games I think. But I know I'll be super protective of him and very sternly yell at my tv if the refs pick on him or a player gets in his face or something.
I formally declare that the rookie I sponsor this season is Shaquem Griffin. Dibs. I called it. Get your own rookie.
Hawks Cast last edited by