Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

LT Duane Brown signs a 3-year Extension

• alt text

ESPN.com's Brady Henderson reports:

The Seahawks and left tackle Duane Brown have agreed to terms on a three-year, $36.5 million extension, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The 32-year-old Brown was set to make $9.75 million in 2018, the final season of the contract the Seahawks inherited when they acquired Brown in a midseason trade with Houston last year.

• This is amazing news for a lot of reasons:

• LT Continuity (Since Okung was allowed to leave via Free Agency after the '15 season; Odiahmbo, Fant, Joeckel, Sowell, & Gilliam have been penciled in as the Starting LT)
    • Wilson's blindside will have the same protector for the next 4 years
    • Commitment to the OL
    • Trade value for Brown maintains because he stays with the team
    • Brown can continue to be a strong vocal leader on the OL on and off the field (was traded because the Texans owner didn't like Brown protest police violence against black Americans)
    • Seahawks show their are committed to keep players they recognize as core-Seahawks

• alt text

alt text

Comments from Duane Brown about his extension and Earl Thomas:

I've got a lot of respect for Earl. This is the business side of the thing. We all have fun and love the grind and play on Sunday. But that business aspect is what gets tricky sometimes. He's doing what he feels is best for him. That organization will resolve it at some point. I don't really have any advice for him. I've got a lot of respect for him and obviously I've got a lot of respect for the Seahawks, taking a chance on me and allowing me to continue my career here. It's a touch situation.