Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Coming Back

• Youtube Video

The Verge.com wrote:

During the 10th Anniversary Clone Wars panel at San Diego Comic-Con, creator and producer Dave Filoni announced that the show would return on Disney’s streaming service, finishing off the story that was widely considered to be left hanging after the show’s abrupt cancellation in 2013.
    From 2008 to 2013, The Clone Wars ran on Cartoon Network, revealing the massive war that took place between the theatrical, live-action movies Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It featured existing characters such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi as well as a number of original fan-favorite characters, including Anakin’s apprentice Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. In 2013, Lucasfilm announced that it was “winding down” the show, eventually sending its final, six-episode season to Netflix, while another unfinished story arc was written up as a novel, Christie Golden’s Dark Disciple. Lucasfilm and Disney then focused on creating a follow-up Star Wars animated show, Star Wars Rebels, set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope / Rogue One. After a four-season run, Rebels ended earlier this year. More recently, Lucasfilm announced a third animated show, Star Wars Resistance, set prior to The Force Awakens.
    I never watched the Clones Wars series or the movies... mostly because I couldn't stand the prequels. Star Wars: Rebels got me interested in this period of time that but I still haven't finished/binged the 4th season.

I may watch a recap but not the full series.

• I've watched some of it on Hulu.. don't care for the anime style and it has serious problems being so closely tied to all the faults of the prequels but it's not as bad as I once thought. The writing makes more sense than the prequels at least.

• I think that's an example that Lucas, for all his faults, clearly can build an incredible universe for these stories to live and thrive... but it can't be under his watch.

I've seen some clips of Clone Wars and I'm not opposed to them.

I was a big fan of Genndy Tartakovsky's animated Star Wars Clone Wars mini-series.

Youtube Video

• The Clone Wars really gets going in Season 2. The first season is painfully children oriented. There are some fantastic story arcs in TCW, though. Must see if you want GOOD stories that take place during the prequel era.

• I have a hard time watching TV in general... if I have to "suffer' through an entire season first before it gets good then they'll probably never hook me until I can binge something all-day.

There's lots of things I think the Clone Wars did that made the Prequels "better" but the movies are so bad... they just are so bad.

• Honestly I think the entire first season is skip-worthy. Season 2 is finally where the characters start getting fleshed out and you get a couple interesting story lines. The canon that gets added from seasons 3 and on is awesome.