Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Its official, sort of. Lando in Episode IX

• I assume he dies then...

I suppose with the Resistance..Rebellion..the good guys..oh..wait..we dont want good.. the Gray Guys..? on the ropes they will go and seek out Lando's help to add some muscle to fight the Imperial..the First.. the..OTHER gray guys...

And Lando will have to die because each movie does that know.. you get a Han send off, a Luke send off...probably IX was meant to be Leia's send off but the universe had other plans..

• Meh... I want a Lando movie with L3 before they meet Han and Chewie.

• If it's a "seek out" Lando situation, it'll be interesting to see what they do considering we won't see Leia. Could it somehow have been one of the last things she did; contact Lando or tell them to contact Lando? Or maybe R2 or 3PO bring up the idea? Not sure who else that's around would have that connect. Nien Nunb I guess, would they give him a role like that? Could be interesting.

My guess is that maybe he picked up the Resistance's distress signal and shows up to help, fashionably late, of course. I think that's the simplest route and would make plenty of sense without having to do anything tricky or fancy to bring him back. Or maybe he shows up for Leia's funeral. Plenty of reasonable ways to write him into the script.

@sammyc521 I dunno man, I don't know that there's much chance of us getting that movie. If Solo had been a smashing success, sure, but not with the way things went. I think that the most likely connection we'll get to Solo will be Enfys Nest showing up in some fashion, be it in a movie or on TV, followed closely by a Maul/Qi'ra. I wouldn't expect to see Alden or Donald reprise their roles. Of course I could be very, very wrong about all that.

• Also, Ben grew up knowing Lando so that could be interesting.

• Its a bit of an issue that theyve created with the stand alones. Every time you create an interesting character there is a segment of fans that wants to spend more time with THAT character, then the studios get tempted by the dollars there. After Rogue One there was quite a push to see more of Jyn Erso..this time people want more Lando, more Han. Sammy is the first Ive heard of wanting more of that droid.. but same idea.

They set up something with the Maul / Qi'ra thing, but Im pretty sure that is tied in with the Obi Wan movie..which then makes that sort of a sequel and starts killing the idea these are stand alone films..

Working Lando into the trilogy though should be easy.. he would be famous, he blew up the 2nd Death Star and probably served the Republic for a while. Then maybe got disillusioned..? Maybe even was upset about being in everyone's shadow and now with everyone else gone and the Resistance in trouble .. they go to him -- living as a sort of war lord somewhere with his own small military.. and they pull him out, giving him a chance to prove he was every bit the equal of Han, Leia and Luke. Chewbacca would have something to do!

• Yeah part of me feels like they kept him out of TFA & TLJ so they could put him in IX after Solo came out and sort of ride a little Lando wave. Don't think it's had the exact effect they were hoping for but I think I see their strategy.

Could be interesting (or boring) to find out exactly what Lando has been up to all these years. I doubt they'll go into it too heavy and leave a lot up to the imagination and/or the comic books.

The fact that they put Maul in Solo definitely implies a tie-in to the Kenobi film. I hope they don't make Kenobi some sort of unofficial sequel to Solo, but I don't mind a little crossover there, as long as it's not like Solo himself or Chewie showing up and running in Obi Wan only to not remember each other 5-10 years later. I've probably repeated this ad nauseum at this point but but I think that a Mandalorian/Boba Fett/Bounty Hunter/Enfys Nest movie would make for a better Solo "sequel" but I guess that's just my opinion. If we even actually get anything like that at this point. Plus you could still put Qi'ra and Maul in it and it doesn't have to influence the Kenobi movie at all if they don't want it to.

In related news, The Nerdist with some Kenobi rumors/news this week:

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/1016815601761882114

Thoughts on bringing George Lucas in on this? He may be the main authority on the character, but we can't pretend like he handled him all that well the last time he had a shot at him. I don't mind him coming in as a producer/adviser on the project but I don't want him directing anything, I don't think. Wonder how much of all this is true and how much of it is pure coincidence.

In the Rebels episode Twin Suns we get to see Kenobi and Maul face off for what we have to assume is the last time, with (SPOILER ALERT) Kenobi besting Maul in a quick lightsaber duel that ends in Maul's assumed final actual death. At the very end of the episode we see a young Luke running across the moisture farm where he lives, showing that Obi Wan has indeed been keeping a close watchful eye over the lad. The problem here is that Luke appears, to me at least, to be fairly young here, maybe 11 or 12? But at the last canon update on the matter it is said that the episode of Rebels is supposed to take place only a year or so before the events of ANH. Seems like a slight continuity issue to me. Doesn't have to effect the timeline of Solo (13-10 years before ANH)/Kenobi/Rogue One (moments before ANH) at all but it just seems a little off. Of course I could just be misinterpreting some part of the whole deal, who knows. Not even a big deal just thought I'd bring it up haha.

• Quick side point for those who think Ive just become a hater..

The fight between Kenobi and Maul in Rebels.. is absolutely brilliant. Like, stunning in its depth ..what people thought to include. (spoiler..?) Having him win because he tricked Maul into thinking he was using Qui Gon's style.. its just amazing to have included that. I still dont think its cool to have brought Maul back at all, and would challenge anyone to a duel that says shit like "Darth Maul is the coolest part of the prequels"..BUT that episode of Rebels was Rebels at its best.

Lucas ..in on the Kenobi movie.. you know, I might be ok with that. I wouldnt have been a couple years ago. But I dont know where to go right now with Star Wars. Lucas utterly messed up the prequels. I know people are trying to rehabilitate them now.. some because Disney money, some because they want to rehabilitate Lucas.. but the prequels are awful as cinema art. Awful. Literally not 2 lines in a row of dialog actually make sense. So there is that. But , whether you like or dislike the new trilogy there is no escaping it has turned away swarms of fans as well. So..where are we at? I THINK.. I think.. I would be ok with going back to make Lucas sort of the Czar..keeper of the Whills.. but give him someone else to interpret his reading of the Force such as it is. If you catch my drift.

Enfys Nest.. that should have been the movie they made and I agree thats where I would go next. Theyve stumbled across something that is actually intriguing and interesting...open ended and fun and fresh..

I dont need more a feminist robot that actually seems to be mocking liberals by being liberal.. I dont need to know what Kenobi was doing.. I get to keep some of my own stories dammit. I dont need to know about the bounty hunter on Ord Mandel.. I dont need to know what Snaggletooth (or whatever name they gave him later) was ordering in the Cantina.

I Do want to know what happens if you were born Force sensitive after the rise of the Empire and you had this innate ability with no training or hope of being trained... and how it maybe sometimes enriched your life but also made it difficult and sad.

I do want a movie showing how systems went through a cycle.. of joining the Empire.. losing autonomy..suffering under tyranny, and slowly and organically developing a resistance.

I do want to see 4 brothers sent off to fight for the Imperials.. 2 die.. the remaining 2 learn opposite lessons.. one joining the Rebels, one rising to a trusted officer in the Imperial Navy.. and then one day fate brings them face to face in an abandoned Rebel base on Hoth..

Goddam..give me something ORIGINAL... dont be afraid to make NEW shit.. I PROMISE we will watch it..

• Patience, Jedi. We have 3 confirmed films coming from the master of subverting expectations that is said to be based on a yet unexplored corner of the galaxy, another confirmed series of films from Benioff and Weiss that is likely to be unlike anything we've seen in Star Wars before, a confirmed TV series from Jon Favreau, likely another 2 or 3 anthology films in serious development and, unless Tarkin has Alderaanian aspirations set on Earth, I don't think we're in any danger of running out of opportunities for them to expand the galaxy and I think that they have no choice but to do exactly that. I wouldn't expect much ground breaking cinema or and art-house type stuff, but they've just about milked the Skywalkers for all they're worth at this point (personally still hoping for a 4th trilogy, but that's me). Not only are they going to want to try new stuff, they're going to have to.