Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

First action on Safety Eric Reid visiting the Bengals

• alt text
    NFL.com

Eric Reid is making his first free-agent visit.
    The ex-San Francisco 49ers safety is slated to meet with the Cincinnati Bengals, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the visit.
    The safety market has been stunningly slow in free agency this offseason. In Reid's case, there also was concern that his decision to not stand during the national anthem before games might have affected his market.
    The 26-year-old remains one of the top free agents left on the market, with the versatility to play deep or near the line of scrimmage.

Eric Reid wrote earlier on Twitter:

GMs aren’t the hold up broski. It’s ownership. People who know football know who can play. People who know me, know my character.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Didnt he lose his starting job last year? (Not saying he cant play..but people keep acting like its Earl Thomas out there sitting unemployed.. Reid hasnt lived up to his rookie year apparent potential).

This one makes me wonder. Because.. were owners actually aware that Reid was kneeling with Kaep? Other players were pretty vocal at the time have even been traded FOR (Bennett for example)..

I think in Kaeps case its not ever really a debate that non football decisions are being made. In this case Im not sure. NO prominent safeties that are free agents have been signed. But maybe its a cascade.. everyone waiting on Reids deal but Reid isnt getting signed because of connection to Kaep.... Hard to know.

• He was removed from his starting safety position to play LB because the Niners are a top-quality organization.

They won their last 5 games. Only the Eagles can claim then ended their last game of the year with a run like that.

I think the fact that the safety market as a whole has dropped (thank you for signing a great deal JS/PC with Bradley McDougald) is evident that teams won't value them as much plus teams rarely relying on a single safety (like Earl Thomas).