Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Marvel's Black Panther Movie

• Youtube Video

I am so excited for this movie... probably the most since Guardians of the Galaxy.

The craziest thing I just noticed is that the starring cast is not young for a franchise full of potential reoccurring characters: 34.6 average among the 5 biggest cast members; Chadwick Boseman (41), Michael B. Jordan (31), Lupita Nyong'o (34), Daniel Kaluuya (28), and Danai Gurira (39).

While Black Panther comes along much later in the MCU, it's surprising and refreshing to see them cast someone who is in their 40's to play a star in their own movie in something I'm sure will span nearly 10 years.

The first Avengers movie came out in 2012, but the seeds were sown when the pegged Robert Downey Jr., 46 at the time and 42 when Iron Man was originally released.

I would like to see after this movie if Chadwick can sustain this role as long as Downey and as well as Black Panther.

• I'm stoked for this. Not, like, Han Solo stoked, but still excited. Got my tickets for 7pm Thursday, haven't heard a single negative thing about the movie so far, and am very much looking forward to it.

• Wasn't planning to see this at all. But the trailer I saw when I went to theater last was surprisingly good and, honestly, I will watch almost anything with Michael B. Jordan in it. One of my favorite actors right now.

• It's really good. I don't know if it lives 100% up to the hype, because there was a LOT of hype, but it survived it. Really well done. Will definitely see again asap.

• Lupita Nyong'o is so bomb. Makes me wish Star Wars had really used her and not just made her a MoCap character.

• Yea, I was really surprised at that because she is so distinctive and has such a presence...

• Just watched Black Panther last night.

I really dug it.I feel like this movie, more so than any other Marvel movie (including the fantasy ones - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians, or Dr. Strange) did so much in the background that I missed a lot. I feel that the country they created in Wakanda was a very good character on their own that deserves more attention.

So far my favorite movies in the Marvel Universe are:

• #1 Guardians of the Galaxy
    • #2 Thor: Ragnarok
    • #3 Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • #4 Black Panther
    • #5 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • #6 The Avengers
    • #7 Iron Man
    • #8-18 everything else

• Interesting list. I'm with you on Guardians, Black Panther & Ragnarok for sure. They probably make up my top 3 although I'm not sure exactly what order I'd put them in. Spider-Man probably doesn't crack my top ten and I would have Civil War up there closer to the top than Winter Soldier or Avengers. But I feel you though! #WakandaForever

• The thing about Civil War is that Captain America is the most boring character in the movie when compared Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Spider-Man, Black Panther and even the smaller characters.

Also, the fact that he refuses to take the Winter Soldier into custody because it's his only link to his old life is beyond dumb. Keep him in jail and then help him; don't become a fugitive because he's your old buddy.

I agreed with Iron Man. Even in Black Panther it comes down to how do you follow tradition but help those in need? T'Challa allowed tradition to accept the challenge from Kilmonger and it lead to all this mutiny and upheaval. There were cool things in Civil War but Winter Soldier was a cool spy movie. It made the boring Captain America a better movie because it wasn't about him being the dumb soldier just beating people up all the time... just at the start and finish of the movie.