Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Game of Thrones Showrunners creating a Star Wars Film Series

• alt text
    io9 Link

If you thought the Solo trailer was the big Star Wars news of the week, think again. Breaking news from the galaxy far, far away tells us that the creators of another fantasy epic, HBO’s Game of Thrones, will soon be working on a whole new series of Star Wars films.
    According to StarWars.com, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will be writing and producing the new series of movies, which “will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” That’s...a lot of Star Wars.

I don't love GoT but I respect their craft. Way too early to know what it will end up being but interesting none-the-less.

#WorldBuilding

• Lots of Star Wars excitement this week! This is a pretty cool move. I expect that by bringing these guys in they're attempting to go in a bit of a darker direction, whatever exactly that means. I don't think they'll be going full-on Thrones with dicks and tits and all that, but a darker, grittier story would fit the Star Wars galaxy perfectly.

As far as D.B. and David go, it remains to be seen exactly what they can do. Those guys had amazing source material to work with in Thrones and they did well with it, but it's pretty widely accepted that what they did with the show after running out of Martin's stuff has been divisive and underwhelming. Of course being a Disney product, I'm sure they'll be surrounded with the best of the best talent-wise.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Giving one creative team the whole trilogy should be a positive. Like Zeb mentions, their record when running out of source material is spotty, but they've got unlimited source material. Literally anything could be done. You could draw inspiration from Game of Throwns itself and have a sort if esrly Republic era with in fighting between different worlds. You get some Star Wars aspects back then that have been left behind -- epic scale, myth style story telling, et al. I'm into this.