Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

AFC & NFC Championship Sunday

• Blake Bortles playing surprisingly well.

I hope it keeps up to end the Patriots.

• Oh well... another Patriots Superbowl.

At least they showed that if you have a strong defense you can rattle Brady. Being able to control the clock seems to be the biggest impact.

• The Patriots win took the air out of the day for me. I'll still watch Eagles - Vikes but ..... The dread of another Pats Bowl has me all 🤢

• Wow... 31-point loss by the Vikings... didn't see that coming.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

So many new Eagle fans not. Gotta go find a Ron Jaworski jersey.. no way am I rocking a Foles one.

Jaguars had a real shot but just played so tight the second half, lost all creativity.

Really surprised they did threaten to have Bortles run more.

The Vikings..well..the pressure of a home game Super Bowl was too much maybe. Didn't expect them to lay an egg like that.

When the Jags ran out the clock before the half, instead of trying to score again, I could see the game turning around. Shame on their coach for being a coward.

• I feel a bit for the Vikes. Get your butt whipped up on in the NFC Championship then have the team that whipped you come play in the Super Bowl in your home stadium 2 weeks later. Ouch.

To make it worse, if the fans in Minnesota don't like it, they have to root for the ... Patriots?? Sorry, this is all too much to ask of any enemy of the Seahawks.

People of Minnesota: I wish you strength during this trying time.*

*But don't think I haven't forgotten about that whole "Poison Pill" thing.😉

EDIT

After I posted this, found the following on the Twit machine:

Nanny O'Deil
    @nannyodeil
    Minnesota has to host Philadelphia and New England after this. That's like your wife telling you "I'm seeing another man... and he's gonna be staying with us in a couple weeks. And he's bringing his drunk brother from Boston. And they're gonna fight in our den." #MINvsPHI

Lol....

@lymon said in AFC & NFC Championship Sunday:

When the Jags ran out the clock before the half, instead of trying to score again, I could see the game turning around. Shame on their coach for being a coward.

Coward is probably a stronger word than I would use, but I get what youre saying. When they had the lead it was almost like they couldn't believe it themselves and they were just happy to be in the game. It reminded me of the first Rocky movie ..the night before the fight and Rocky realizes he cant win and decides his goal is to just go the distance. In that movie it made sense, but I just felt with a bit more courage and daring the Jaguars had the game. There was no "go for it" in them after the their second touchdown..they just wanted it to be over. By the 2nd half it all just felt inevitable.. we were just waiting to see how the Patriots would pull it out, not "if".