Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Who is your early favorite to start across from Sherman?

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Quite a few candidates.. who do want to start at the other CB position? I'd love for one of the dark horses to take it.. maybe Elliot?

• Quill Griffin to start opposite of Sherman.

Just look at those two. They were meant to wreck havoc with some WRs.

alt text

• If DeShawn's healthy it's him. If not, it's probably Lane unless somebody really shows out during camp/preseason.

• I think the rookies will take a while to learn the step-kick technique when in press alignment. While they may grasp it before the end of the year, I'd be surprised if they do for week 1.

I can see Neiko Thorpe being out there, seeing as he did better than DeAndre Elliott in real game opportunities last year.

Really I'd like Lane outside, but he lacks that length to recover when in trail. Furthermore, we don't really have an obvious corner nickel--though I guess you could put a third safety in the slot (Bradley McDougald/Delano Hill)

• Also, no way is DeShawn healthy. Would be a miracle, especially when in March JS said that he expected him to miss "significant" time of the regular season.

• @mfb12 said in Who is your early favorite to start across from Sherman?:

I think the rookies will take a while to learn the step-kick technique when in press alignment. While they may grasp it before the end of the year, I'd be surprised if they do for week 1.

I can see Neiko Thorpe being out there, seeing as he did better than DeAndre Elliott in real game opportunities last year.

Really I'd like Lane outside, but he lacks that length to recover when in trail. Furthermore, we don't really have an obvious corner nickel--though I guess you could put a third safety in the slot (Bradley McDougald/Delano Hill)

I think that the Seahawks are more equipped to handle their secondary due to depth and the number of players they can use to rotate in/out of the secondary.

I am hoping that Griffin steps it up in Training Camp and gets the starting RCB.

• I am hoping that Griffin steps it up in Training Camp and gets the starting RCB.

If that happens we are in a great position and he has shown himself to be a quick learner. Would love it! The ideal scenario really.