Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Four Seahawks selected to the 2017 ProBowl

• QB Russell Wilson 4th nod in 6 years
    MLB Bobby Wagner 4th straight year
    FS Earl Thomas 6th nod
    TE Jimmy Graham 5th nod (2nd as a Seahawk)

Alternates:
    DE Michael Bennett
    WR Doug Baldwin
    KR Tyler Lockett
    SS Kam Chancellor

Not selected at all:
    CB Richard Sherman
    DT Sheldon Richardson
    OLB KJ Wright
    C Justin Britt

• Lockett got an alternate bid, huh? Did all the voting happen immediately after the Atlanta game?

• I think that KR is basically a forgotten art. I mean, getting to the 25 with a touch-back seems like an easy gimme.

Maybe other teams are like, "wait... I don't have to save my last WR/CB spot for a guy that can run it back and you'll give me the ball at the 25 to start each drive?"

• Its weird that Lockett got that because for the most part hes been awful, with awful decision making on returns for most of the year. There are a couple people on there for name recognition awfully...

• @sammyc521 said in Four Seahawks selected to the 2017 ProBowl:

I think that KR is basically a forgotten art. I mean, getting to the 25 with a touch-back seems like an easy gimme.

Maybe other teams are like, "wait... I don't have to save my last WR/CB spot for a guy that can run it back and you'll give me the ball at the 25 to start each drive?"

Uh, uh. If you'll notice many teams receive the KO inside the 5yd marker. Kickers are being trained these days to kick it high and inside the 5. So it's not an automatic start at the 25.

• You're very correct about that. It has lead to teams also kicking balls out of bounds too.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't waste time on a KR when down a FG/TD, you can take the ball at the 25 off a kick-off.

• @sammyc521 said in Four Seahawks selected to the 2017 ProBowl:

You're very correct about that. It has lead to teams also kicking balls out of bounds too.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't waste time on a KR when down a FG/TD, you can take the ball at the 25 off a kick-off.

@kicking ball out of bounds; Wouldn't that mean the ball is placed at the 35?

• Yes, if no one touches it first; offense starts at the 35 or where the ball goes out of bounds.

There was a game where they were afraid of Lockett and they tried to kick it out of the end zone but it hooked and went out of bounds first; Offense starts at the 35.