Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Doug Baldwin Supports WA Initiative 940

• Q13 Fox:

SEATTLE — For the first time, the group De-Escalate Washington can say they are confident Initiative 940 will get on the ballot next year.
    But just to make sure, the group will continue their campaign until they get 350,000 signatures.
    Supporters say I-940 would require police officers to get 40 hours of training to learn how to de-escalate crisis situations.
    Certain police departments, like Seattle’s, already require officers to get that amount of training. But the group says they want it statewide.

Steve Raible:

.@DougBaldwinJr: initiative 940 “would require law enforcement to receive violence de-escalation, mental-health, and first-aid training, and provide first-aid; and change standards for use of deadly force, adinitiativeding a ‘good faith’ standard and independent investigation”

Goals would focus on four things:

Baldwin said goals of I-940 are to A) provide deescalation training to law enforcement. 😎 training on how to address mental health issues. C) First-aid training for support and D) establishing standard definition of "good faith."

• Sounds like a good, small step in the right direction.

• If anything I hope it shuts up some of the nay-sayers telling them to stick to sports.

They have a platform and they use it. Good for them.

I don't go anti-John Schneider because he opens with "God is good" during the Superbowl Trophy presentation that they held after the parade.

• https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Interesting data at this website that I have not explored entirely nor fact checked.