Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Pyrrhic Victory...

• Just going to leave this right here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

• Yup. Love getting the win over a hated rival, but that was the end of our SB chances this year.

• Maybe. Long week till the next game. Backup secondary actually played pretty well. Obviously you're not gonna replace Sherm but we got some dogs and this team is a long way from running out of fight. Hopefully the extra days off will help some of the other guys get healthy.

• Lane did his best, but was immediately picked on. Griffin still doesnt have an INT this year.. Coleman has regressed the last couple weeks.

Earl coming back will help.....

But its not just Sherman..

Duane Brown we need to know whats up.. Kam went out at the end but that looked like a concussion thing..

Prosise reinjured himself , as per the law apparently.

• @zeb-stark said in Pyrrhic Victory...:

Maybe. Long week till the next game. Backup secondary actually played pretty well. Obviously you're not gonna replace Sherm but we got some dogs and this team is a long way from running out of fight. Hopefully the extra days off will help some of the other guys get healthy.

I admire the optimism, and I'm usually there with you. But the backup secondary played well against a backup QB. All of a sudden, the right side of the field is an option for opposing QBs again. Lane isn't capable of filling Sherman's shoes.

And the penalties... my god. Yes, some of them were bullshit, but if we hadn't committed half of those penalties, the Cards wouldn't have gotten double-digits.

• Yes, every one of their scoring drives were helped by penalties. The first was essentially ALL penalties.

We have Lane, and Desean Shead coming back.. Earl will come back next game as well and make deep throws no go areas again.

I dont think it kills us but man is it a huge challenge. The good news.. we did bring in Freeny and he is making a difference, Jordan played his first game in 3 years and had a sack... so maybe we can substitute extra pressure for some good coverage. The offense is just going to have to admit to itself its a passing offense.... and run through McKissic and Rawls from now on..

• Speaking of injuries... what honestly is the deal with Prosise? It's beyond comical at this point.