Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Seahawks acquire HOU OT Duane Brown

• Just announced on by Adam Schefter:

Seattle has traded for OT Duane Brown, source tells ESPN. Brown is out of Houston and will go to Seattle

• Adam Schaffer tweets:

Full trade: Seahawks traded CB Jeremy Lane, a 2018 5th-round pick and a 2019 second-round pick to Texans for OT Duane Brown, per sources.

• I also read that Brown has agreed to restructure his deal. Can't say I like the loss of the 2nd rounder, but if it pays off, it pays off big.

• Losing draft picks is never a great thing based on how well the Seahawks have drafted collectively under John/Pete... but this is s 2019 draft pick, so this player wouldn't even play for 2 more years.

Brown is signed through 2018 and they may be extending him.

With how poorly OLs are graded out of the draft, I think this is the best move for the Seahawks. Acquiring a LT that can solidify the OL and give the young guys a chance to learn more than on-the-fly (like Pocic) bodes well for our future in protection.

This is a move to protect Russell who has played lights out so far this year. Unless Brown absolutely tanks, the Seahawks won't feel this loss for 2 years. I think it's worth the bet.

And Seahawks have moved to a 9/1 favorite to make the Superbowl; highest in the NFC.

• Think Pocic holds on to LG? Even when Joeckel is healthy?

• I love the trade. Lane was has already been replaced IMHO. A 2019 2nd rounder is worth what today? A 4th rounder? So basically two 4ths and Lane for a front line LT for at least another 1.5 years.

• @volsunghawk said in Seahawks acquire HOU OT Duane Brown:

Think Pocic holds on to LG? Even when Joeckel is healthy?

My guess:

• LT Brown
    • LG Joeckel
    • C Britt
    • RG Pocic/Aboushi
    • RT Ifedi

Back-ups

• LT Odhiambo
    • LG Aboushi
    • C Pocic
    • RG Glowinski
    • RT Battle

Joeckel seems to have played well prior to his knee scope that was suppose to just be one week but here we are 3-weeks later.

• I agree with Sammy...but I hope they at least consider keeping Pocic at LG. To me he looked like the best guy on the line Sunday, with Britt obviously still far from 100%

• Run blocking has been terrible and I think that Pocic didn't look good in run-blocking.

Joeckel seemed to have done better. I think that would make more a better left-side three veterans stacked from LT-LG-C.