Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Avril to IR per Carroll

• On Sirius Radio Pete Carroll said Cliff Avril is going to IR, and from the sounds of it, this injury could be career threatening. Obviously dont want to play around with spinal type injuries.

Hoping for the best for him as a human being obviously..

as a fan.. what does it mean? Obviously losing Avril in the past has cost whole games.

Maybe we have more depth and Clark can take up some of the slack now..?

I dont think its as big of a disaster as it has been in the past.. but its not good.

• I'd be mildly surprised if we didn't try to grab a pass rusher early in the 2018 draft.

• Yea.. good call. Carroll and JS have a solid belief you cant have 1 or 2 main pass rushers like the old days.. you want to have an intense push all along the line, and the ability to rotate guys to keep them all fresh.

Time to start visiting projections..who is the flawed pass rusher that will be available late in the 1st....

• This bye week has been filled with all kind of crazy reports of people visiting but no signings.

Losing Cliff for the year will be a huge loss; his absence in SB49 was huge. Bigger than the loss of Lane to cover the slot.

• That's too bad. One of my favorite players. I think Clark should be up to the task though. I have to worry about the depth behind him at this point though.

Any idea who's out there? @sammyc521 any prospect FAs? Who's been in to visit?

• At this point I would expect the Seahawks to bank more on Dion Jordan and Marcus Smith.

No real guys on the FA market.

• @sammyc521 said in Avril to IR per Carroll:

At this point I would expect the Seahawks to bank more on Dion Jordan and Marcus Smith.

No real guys on the FA market.

Well I guess that's why we brought them in. No doubt we'll miss Cliff but I'm not going to freak out about it.... for now!