Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Leading receiver this season?

• I expect Baldwin to continue his ascension to 2nd best WR in team history. Wouldn't be surprised to see another 1k yds season out of him. Jimmy should also be pushing that number, I would hope. Paul Richardson flashed at the end of last season, will he be able to continue that level of play? As we said in the RB thread, Prosise is likely to get a lot of touches through the air, how many yds can we expect out of him? 500 or so? And how's Tyler's recovery coming? I haven't heard much. How soon will he be ready to be back in action?

Anybody else you expect to significantly contribute to the passing game? Russ will likely throw for 4k+ this year, where's it all gonna go?

• 0_1500062853625_d72999e3-f934-4f6d-982b-8045eba53caf-image.png

So Baldwin has played as many games at DJack but is still 1,500 yards behind and with 11 less TDs.

That catch-rate though... 69% that's amazing.

If he plays as many years as Blades did, he'll easily climb to #2 overall in almost all WR categories behind Largent.

In the 2017 I think that the leaders will be as follows:

Yards; Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, Kearse, PRich, Prosise
    TDs; Baldwin, Graham, Kearse, Prosise, Lockett
    Recs; Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, Prosis, Kearse

I don't see anyone else making that much more of an impact; maybe Willson here and there or Wilson grabbing another TD from Baldwin.

• I'll always love Blades and Jackson for their contributions to this team but there's no doubt in my mind that Baldwin is, right now, a more complete receiver than either of them ever were. His consistency and ability to continue to improve year after year sets him apart from those guys IMO.

I have to believe PRich gets a shot to take over at #2 this year, don't you think? Kearse has just fallen off the face of the earth the last couple of seasons and I don't think he's starting material any longer. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even make the final roster.

I would love it if one of these rookies sticks and is able to make an impact sooner than later. I'm really pulling for Darboh to be the dude.

• @sammyc521 said in Leading receiver this season?:

0_1500062853625_d72999e3-f934-4f6d-982b-8045eba53caf-image.png

So Baldwin has played as many games at DJack but is still 1,500 yards behind and with 11 less TDs.

That catch-rate though... 69% that's amazing.

If he plays as many years as Blades did, he'll easily climb to #2 overall in almost all WR categories behind Largent.

In the 2017 I think that the leaders will be as follows:

Yards; Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, Kearse, PRich, Prosise
    TDs; Baldwin, Graham, Kearse, Prosise, Lockett
    Recs; Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, Prosis, Kearse

I don't see anyone else making that much more of an impact; maybe Willson here and there or Wilson grabbing another TD from Baldwin.

I think McEvoy will make an appearance and do great things. I am unsure where he will be placed as I think that Kearse will still be on the roster. I believe that this is Kearse's last season with the team if he makes it out of training camp. I think his contributions in blocking and being a distraction for defenders is admirable, but is kinda easily trainable. His screen blocking is kinda interesting at times as well. With a new group of WRs coming up with the old hats, I see a few changes in the Wide Receiver Corps.

• What will be interesting is how the WR-Core pans out after Baldwin and Graham.

Our roster is filled with questions marks after those two guys:

Kearse - coming off his worst year; couldn't win those 50/50 balls
    Lockett - coming off a huge injury to his legs
    Willson - continues to show flashes but not enough consistency
    Vannett - barely active all year long
    Richardson - 2nd rounder showed great flashes down the stretch but is this what he is when fully healthy and can he stay healthy?
    K Williams, Darboh (R), Lawler, McEvoy and some others are all going to fight for the 5th/6th spot - McEvoy's size is the most intriguing but I don't think he can stay on the active roster and grow; feels like a PS guy that could blossom in the future.

• Some rumbles that Kearse is going to retake his job and establish himself again this season.
    Not sure I buy it but if he is so motivated that's only a positive.

• Yeah I wouldn't be mad at it. Pretty sure it's bollocks, but it would make me happy for certain.

• Well, its players saying it so we will see. Im hoping that Richardson takes and holds a starting position and Kearse becomes a solid, play making clutch 4th receiver.

• If Kearse is still the starter over Richardson I will be extremely disappointed. Pete preaches competition but I think in rare cases loyalty prevails. That's a guess as there is no way of knowing but Richardson imo should be starting over Kearse. I'm biased as I hated the Kearse signing when it happened lol.

• From a running stand-point, I don't know if Richardson can do what they want from the WR position. I think Richardson's ceiling is way higher than Kearse but the Seahawks require so much out of their WR's.

I want Richardson to stay healthy and get on the field to display all those highlight reel catches at the end of last year but his track-record of staying on the field is still questionable. Kearse (as poorly as he played last year) was still active every game and Pete gives a lot of loyalty points for being available.

• Any word on Lockett's recovery? Do we have a timeline?

• @zeb-stark said in Leading receiver this season?:

Any word on Lockett's recovery? Do we have a timeline?

John Boyle of Seahawks.com says that

Pete Carroll said Tyler Lockett made "a big jump from last week to this week." Good chance to be at full speed by start of camp. #Seahawks

This is dated 6/13/2017

• I think Kearse will bounce back this year but it won't be enough to unseat Douggie or Graham... Can't wait to see Lockett full speed again tho

• @dunceface said in Leading receiver this season?:

I think Kearse will bounce back this year but it won't be enough to unseat Douggie or Graham... Can't wait to see Lockett full speed again tho

Everyone is either hot/cold on Kearse; he's going to bounce back to form or he's going to lose out to Lockett & Richardson for playing time.

Time will tell but doesn't look like anyone has a chance to replace what Doug brings to the team and his connection to Wilson.

• I hope we see JG playing alot of WR this year. Feed him.

• we need to keep him in to block.