Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Pacific Rim: Uprising

• Youtube Video

New trailer for the sequel.

The first was is fun... kind of how like people who love racing might love the Fast & Furious movies.

I like big mechs and aliens fighting. Also the monsters were not obscured, you could see them in full view. Looking forward to this sequel.

• As soon as I heard Boyega was getting involved on this one my expectations skyrocketed. Adding 2Pac into the trailer just made it that much more epic to me. I love me a good popcorn action flick when it's done just right. This is the type of movie Michael Bay thinks he makes.

• Man.. I love you guys. But sometimes you just force me into elitism.

Pacific Rim? Really?

• @veda-the-moor said in Pacific Rim: Uprising:

Man.. I love you guys. But sometimes you just force me into elitism.

Pacific Rim? Really?

There's a good way to do this type of movie and there's a bad way. You can put Vin Diesel or Marky Mark or Steven Seagal in it and have Michael Bay or somebody else who doesn't care pretend he's making a badass movie that just sucks, or you can put somebody cool in it and pay attention to details and make an honest movie that isn't trying to be something other than what it is, and entertain the shit out of people.

It's the difference between the Fast & Furious/Transformers and John Wick/Pacific Rim. There's a reason the former are laughably bad and the latter are laughably enjoyable.