Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

TV shows you're currently watching

• So there's been a run of new shows lately, as tends to be the case this time of year, it being fall and all... I'm not really big on network TV, don't get into the CSIs or the NCISs or the Law & Orders, stuff like that, and typically network sci-fi tends to be pretty cheesy... sitcoms are basically completely off my radar. I tried to watch "Ghosted" last night, which I think qualifies, and it was ok. Not sure I'll be setting the DVR for that one.

So far The Gifted looks to be a much better offering from Marvel than Inhumans, though I didn't absolutely hate Inhumans as much as others have.

The two part premier of Star Trek Discovery was pretty well done. That's as far as I've gotten so far on that one but I do plan on watching to see where it goes.

Surprisingly, The Orville has sort of pulled me in. Expecting a goofy, almost slapstick type of comedy, this show really feels like Star Trek, maybe even more so than does Discovery. Interestingly less funny than I expected, though still funny, and much more "serious" than I'd imagined and a lot of focus put on actual plot, character development and science fiction-y stuff.

Haven't really delved into anything new on cable or premium channels or streaming services. Obviously looking forward to Stranger Things and some other stuff.

Anything catch your attention so far this fall? Any recommendations?

• Recently discovered Westworld. Was really into the first 6 episodes. It's trailed off and I only have the last episode left but overall it's been entertaining with a great cast.

• @veda-the-moor said in TV shows you're currently watching:

Recently discovered Westworld. Was really into the first 6 episodes. It's trailed off and I only have the last episode left but overall it's been entertaining with a great cast.

Westworld was really cool. Looking forward to the second season. Hope they're able to maintain the feel of it and not stray too far, though I'm sure it'll have to stray some.

• As a couple, we watch Inhumans(I am giving it more chances to develop), The Gifted(we really LOVED it), Fear The Walking Dead(and in 3 weeks-The Walking Dead), The Orville(Surprisingly good) and the new show The Good Doctor(really good but cannot get Norman Bates out of my head with Highmore lol).
    My husband watches the gearhead and guy shows- Fast and Loud, Counting Cars, Alaska:The Last Frontier, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, etc.
    While I watch Gotham, Once Upon A Time, Dancing With The Stars, Grey's Anatomy, Chopped, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen.
    The funny thing is that I also watch some really cool shows on AMC that my husband would really enjoy if he watched them. Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are two I think he would like and also Netflix shows like Stranger Things and Ozark. He won't watch them though. It's cool though because the Car shows just bore the shit out of me and he doesn't bitch if I don't like them.

• @zeb-stark said in TV shows you're currently watching:

@veda-the-moor said in TV shows you're currently watching:

Recently discovered Westworld. Was really into the first 6 episodes. It's trailed off and I only have the last episode left but overall it's been entertaining with a great cast.

Westworld was really cool. Looking forward to the second season. Hope they're able to maintain the feel of it and not stray too far, though I'm sure it'll have to stray some.

Westworld was awesome!! I cannot wait until the next season.

• Other shows we watch in my household are Game Of Thrones and Shameless. Shameless' next season is starting in November, I believe. God...we LOVE that show.

• Can't wait for Stranger Things: Season 2.

I tend to go slow with my TV watching; one episode a day is good for me but my wife binges TV like crazy. So this will be a battle of will.

For myself, I am really enjoying the new Ducktales series on Disney XD. It's way better than the old 80's cartoon because the characters are much more dynamic and the stories are more grown-up. I enjoy watching that with my kids.

• Sounds like your children are pretty young. It's cool that there is a good show to enjoy as a family though.
    Our kids are all adults and the youngest turns 21 this December. Between us he had 3 boys and I had one. Even though I am 1 and a half years younger than my husband, I have the oldest child(26). He started a bit later than I did.
    Yeah, we are old folks now. lol
    Anyways, I really want him to watch Stranger Things but with hunting season starting up, he will be too busy to binge watch it. I really think he would love the show. I binge watched season 1 when it came out. He almost started watching it but then bitched that I had already seen it. I told him I would watch it again cause it was that good. Sigh....We never ended up watching it. Maybe this Winter I can talk him into watching both seasons together. There is NO WAY I don't watch season 2.
    I just remembered another show on Amazon that we binge watched together. "The Man In The High Castle." Incredible show. Highly recommended.