Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Power Rankings

• I know, Power Rankings are stupid. So are jello shots. But we still do them.

How would your rankings go at this point? Maybe give a top and bottom 5 or 10. Or do the whole league if you're so inclined.

Me? I still think the Seahawks are the most talented team in the league when healthy and not finding new and innovated ways beat themselves. Of course every homer feels like that about their team and I'll admit to being no different. But I'll try to be somewhat objective. So here we go:

1. Raiders

2. Patriots

3. Falcons

4. Seahawks

5. Cowboys

6. Bears

7. Rams

8. 49ers

9. Jets

10. Browns

• 1 Patriots
    2 Cowboys
    3 Raiders
    4 Falcons
    5 Seahawks
    6 Packers

7-32 Might as well call them all Cleveland

I have the Patriots and Cowboys at the top due to marginal turnover.

Raiders and Falcons are the trendy picks but I dent fully believe in Carr (yet) or Matty Ice. I do believe in Beastmode though.

Then the veteran Seahawks and Packers because no other NFC team has made as many playoff appearances in the past 5 years as them.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

1. Patriots
    2. Seahawks
    3. Packers
    4. Raiders
    5. Falcons

Seattle will seem like a home pick but I truly believe when healthy they are as talented as anyone. Cowboys are losing 7+ starters and have 2 suspensions and are primed for regression. Raiders are heading in the right direction and the falcons will have a little bit of a hangover.

Don't have a bottom 5 but I think the Jets are probably the worst team in the league.

• @zeb-stark said in Power Rankings:

I know, Power Rankings are stupid. So are jello shots. But we still do them.

How would your rankings go at this point? Maybe give a top and bottom 5 or 10. Or do the whole league if you're so inclined.

Me? I still think the Seahawks are the most talented team in the league when healthy and not finding new and innovated ways beat themselves. Of course every homer feels like that about their team and I'll admit to being no different. But I'll try to be somewhat objective. So here we go:

1. Raiders

2. Patriots

3. Falcons

4. Seahawks

5. Cowboys

6. Bears

7. Rams

8. 49ers

9. Jets

10. Browns

I personally think it's kinda mad to rank the Browns as last, over the Jets. If you look at the Browns roster, their offense is pretty darn good -- barring the QB position. They've transformed their offensive line and upgraded the tight end position to David Njoku from Gary Barnidge. Cody Kessler was actually okay last year, just was lumbered with a terrible roster.

Meanwhile, on defense there is some talent. It will take a while for it all to gel, but that rebuild is going well. Certainly not the worst team in the NFL.

I also disagree with the Raiders being ranked the best team. I don't believe Obi Melifonwu is the type of center-fielder they need at free safety, and I don't believe they have the right "mike" required in a 4-3 under.

Definitely a good team, but combine the above factors with their intensely competitive division and I don't think they are the best.

I think anyone putting the Browns last has to be doing it out a deep seated sense of tradition.

Agree the Raiders are better but still not sold they are THERE THERE..

My list:

Best--

1. Patriots
    2. Packers
    3. Seahawks
    4. Atlanta
    5. Raiders

Worst--

1. 49ers A few people are over-rating their draft and they are a trendy pick to turn things around quick of late but... no.

2. Browns.

3. Rams.

4. Bears

5. Jets

• Exactly! Tradition! See, Ross gets me.

I have the Raiders on top because they just seem to have that air of destiny about them. If they pick up where they left off last year before Lesser Carr went down they're gonna be tough to beat. And with Marshawn in there and the impending move to LV on the horizon I can't help but think they're gonna get a quick one for Oakland.

It would be a good story line... the NFL films treatment of it would be insufferable.. Lynch coming back tongive his community a boost before the rug is pulled out from under them. Some front office quotes about "we owe THIS TOWN... THIS YEAR.. to get it done!"

But I see them sliding back to 10 wins and see Lynch averaging 3.2 yards a carry .