Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Week 3 @ Tennessee Titans (1-1)

• Seattle travels to Tennessee to face the Titans.

The last time these teams faced each other was back in Seattle's Superbowl Winning season in 2013 in a home game.

Seattle won 20-13 against the Ryan Fitzpatrick lead Titans (Former UW QB Jake Locker was injured and did not play in that game).

The reason the game was so close was that Stephen Hauschka was injured and couldn't kick on a FG attempt; back-up Safety Chris Maragos came into hold, lost the snap and tried to throw it. This would have been Jon Ryan first NFL points had the snap stay and he kicked the FG. (Ryan later scored his first NFL points by throwing a TD in the 2014 NFC Championship game). This play resulted in a fumble-returned for a TD for the Titans.

• This game should be a good test to see where we're really at right now. By week 3 starting slow and being rusty are no longer viable excuses. Everybody should know their role on this team. Injuries have not been a huge issue so the team is mostly healthy. It's an away game, sure, but it's not a 10 AM start so that can't be an excuse either.

The Titans are a young, talented team with a top notch running attack, an athletic QB who can beat you with his feet or with his arm. I don't expect them to be playing for the AFC Championship at the end of the year but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs. Henry is proving to be a monster at RB and DeMarco is no slouch and Delanie Walker is a legit weapon at TE. I don't think their wideouts are anything the LOB can't handle.

On defense the Titans are letting teams move the ball, they're not getting consistent stops on 3rd down, they're not getting sacks and they're not getting turnovers. They're a pretty middle of the road D against both the pass and the run which could present a bit of a "get right" game for us if we're able to quit beating ourselves on offense. I like to think that we're getting better, and the spark at the end of the game last week was something to build on, but I'm not entirely confident yet to say that I believe that will be the case. But it could be just what the doctor ordered.

Offensive line be damned, we should be able to pound the rock against them. And if we can, that should open up some opportunities for Russell to air it out a little bit. We do have legit weapons on this offense and it would be a shame if we were unable to use them against a defense like Tennessee's.

• On second thought, I don't think the Titans are really all that young. Mariota and Henry certainly qualify, but guys like DeMarco, Delanie, Decker etc are seasoned veterans whose experience surely brings a lot to the team.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Come on..stick with the run..read option..

Man... why decline that penalty?? Move them out of FG range and make it 2nd and 25..

So... is the offense fixed? sigh.

Its a cornucopia of TDs!

• I think there are positives to be taken from this game. The run D is a concern, sure. But part of me wonders if that was due in part to the high temps and time of possession disparity. However, I would like to think that the changes that Carroll promised on offense began to show in the 2nd half.

• @volsunghawk said in Week 3 @ Tennessee Titans (1-1):

I think there are positives to be taken from this game. The run D is a concern, sure. But part of me wonders if that was due in part to the high temps and time of possession disparity. However, I would like to think that the changes that Carroll promised on offense began to show in the 2nd half.

It's a road loss in September; something that the Seahawks are terrible at (even in when they went to the Superbowl).

Yes, it sucks but until the Seahawks lose at home, I will not be super worried. Just slightly worried.

Seattle went 3/4 in the Redzone and would have scored the FG if they weren't so behind.

Defense is playing amazing in the 1st half of all their games; only 18 points given up in the first half of all three of their games. It's that 2nd half that we have to worry because the Seahawks (even when they score) take little time off the clock and it means our DEF is hurting in that heat.

Against TEN, they had nearly equal plays on offense for both teams so it wasn't just a snap count but TOP.

Our D gave up its biggest played when they should have been in good shape.. after half time and after the offense had a long drive.

Surely we can say the Seahawks aren't a hot weather team.. which isn't a "thing".. but should be. In December we talk about how some teams don't play well in the cold but the Seahawks just don't play well about 90 degrees.

I want to review the game but I think Salk convinced me last night that mostly things were on the coaching staff and also somewhat on the defense.

2 pressures all game.. no turnovers.. wecant just be good at home if we are a good team.

• 162 of the Titans' rushing yards came on 10 plays.

They need to shore up that Run Defense.