Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Week 1: Is McVay for real?

• He handled the Rams in a way your beloved Fisher could not.

For the Hawks, you are no longer playing Fisher who had a thing about your team.

Better or worse to face McVay now?

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Not really a good time to ask. Lol.

McVay is probably the real deal and a Ram - Seahawks proper rivalry could emerge.

Today I suspect most Seahawk fans are just now making their way in from the ledge.

We will see what Goff does when he's not playing a JV team. But actually genuinely glad the Rams look ready to play NFL level football against teams besides ours.

Hi Red Alice!!! I see you ventured from .NET too. Good to see you here. 🙂

• @redalice said in Week 1: Is McVay for real?:

He handled the Rams in a way your beloved Fisher could not.

For the Hawks, you are no longer playing Fisher who had a thing about your team.

Better or worse to face McVay now?

Not sure what it means other than Fisher was/is a terrible coach. I'm still pissed the Rams didn't make him eat "losingest coach of all time." I think people outside of Rams fans only "loved" Fisher because they could chalk it up as a win... wish that were true for Seahawk fans.

McVay is still young enough that he may get exposed; must like a new pitcher with no tape NFL teams will learn to adapt. Seahawks could never adapt to a penetrating DT like Donald.

Of course, only time will tell. But for one week at least, your guys are atop the West....brag on, little sister.

• I didn't watch the game but I saw the score and some highlights and it sure appears that those Rams showed up to play yesterday. Only time will tell how "for real" they are but can't be mad at an opening day blow out.

• Nice showing by McVay against the Niners.

Goff looks like he could be a real NFL QB now that he has someone who will help him develop.

My biggest question would be; is that defense as bad as they showed?