Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Going to see IT....

• And I'm terrified of clowns. Will report back in a couple hours if I'm not catatonic.

Wish me luck.

• Haha good luck! Looking forward to the review.

• Got back a while ago. After turning on all the lights in the house I spent a little time rocking back and forth while petting the dog. Shot of whiskey later and here I am.

Clowns be damned I actually liked the movie. I think all the advertising saved me a bit. If that was the first time I saw Pennywise I might have walked straight the $%^& out.

I'm no movie reviewer but I have a couple takes on the movie. First off, I never read the book or seen the previous version of the film. So I'm not familiar with the story. An aspect I really liked was it had a Stand By Me - Goonies vibe. To me it wasn't a straight up horror flick. I liked the pack of kids at the center of the story. Also some of their parents were straight up evil themselves. Really lent to the story of the kids being on their own.

We'll see how well I sleep tonight but after some self medication I feel like I saw a good movie. I'm not nearly as freaked out as I thought I would be. Because of this, fans of the horror aspect of the movie may be a little disappointed but a good movie is a good movie. The movie isn't really my genre but, IT is a good movie.

I give it a 4 of 5 Hawks in the nest.

• The movie isn't even being advertised over here and it's not my genre either but I'm getting intrigued from hearing what people have to say .. I'm over there next week and may have to check it out

• It's a very good book. But then, most stuff by King is.

• @birdfinger interested to see what you think of the original once you watch it.

• Hopefully this isn't a spoiler for anyone.

But I didn't know that this is going to be a two-part movie; this one focuses on when they were kids and then will focus on when they come back as adults.

• @sammyc521 did you see it?

• @sammyc521 said in Going to see IT....:

Hopefully this isn't a spoiler for anyone.

But I didn't know that this is going to be a two-part movie; this one focuses on when they were kids and then will focus on when they come back as adults.

Ha! I didn't even know that! For me the kids really made the movie. I don't know if I'd like IT with adults.

• @zeb-stark said in Going to see IT....:

@sammyc521 did you see it?

Not yet. Horror is not really my jam but I remember being scared by the first TV series.

My movies times are limited so I usually reserve them for movies I really want to watch.