Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Kacen Kut.

• Banned

Bye Williams, This is awful. I'm in tears.

• *Kasen

Hahaha I think you'll be ok bro. I know you will.

• Who is reporting that? I can't find a list of Seahawk cuts that includes more than a handful of people and nothing about Kasen. How can he not make it?? What else can a guy do??

• Injured! Psshhh. I honestly do not get this. He looks ready to go. He made some of those catches against other teams starters, he made his best over a pro bowl CB.

He is ready to play. I hope some one picks him up so he doesn't spend a year of his career on injured reserve.

• Well, I hope this discussion board does not have .NET meltdown over it. .NET is currently melting. 🔥

• Every year there s a fan favorite people melt down over but I think this is a little different. This isn't 2016 Pope.

Williams performed outstandingly in special teams and as a receiver. Against "ones" even. Proper media types with NFL experience assumed he was on the team..

It's a puzzle.

• I don't get it either, but I refuse to stress out over the cuts. Hey, they made a great trade for Richardson so I guess we will see how things pan out. You would swear that they cut a bonafide all-pro player. The tantrums are getting ridiculous if you ask me.

• Who's throwing a tantrum?

I'm pretty sure it's ok as fans to discuss cuts and express opinions.

• I imagine there's plenty of people over at .NET throwing tantrums haha.

• @veda-the-moor said in Kacen Kut.:

Who's throwing a tantrum?

I'm pretty sure it's ok as fans to discuss cuts and express opinions.

LOL..Not here. Over there. There are a couple that are losing their britches. Expressing opinions are fine. I find it comical how 'some' are losing it. They might need some professional help soon.

• Ah. I see. It can get hysterical over there.. and sometimes I get it.. passionate fans get passionate about favorite players. Heck it seems even Richard Sherman is upset abkit this one.
    But come Sunday it will all be forgotten.

I think most of us assumed they would keep 6 WRs...

The Seahawks coaches are really in love with JD McKissic.. hope he earns that love. Williams ultimately may have been cut because Lockett broke his leg.. weird destiny of s football player. Life's work outcome determined by another guys injury..

• Speaking of Lockett, I want him returning kicks like normal. He's an all-pro and we need him doing the duty.

• I agree but since he had no playing time at all in the preseason and they kept McKissic I think we won't be seeing Lockett back there. Which is a shame..

• I've been a fan of Williams since before his first collegiate snap and figured he was a lock. This tells me they think Darboh can be a pretty special player so I'm going to trust them on this one. Really hope he signs with someone and gets a chance to see significant snaps.

• Signed by the Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/browns-claim-five-off-waivers-including-michael-jordan-and-two-wideouts/

Ouch. But hey, if he catches on he catches on. Thats great he will be on a 53 man roster.

• @austinslater25 said in Kacen Kut.:

I've been a fan of Williams since before his first collegiate snap and figured he was a lock. This tells me they think Darboh can be a pretty special player so I'm going to trust them on this one. Really hope he signs with someone and gets a chance to see significant snaps.

Well, Cleveland just snatched him up so we will see. Who is their QB again? I cannot remember. lol

• Banned

I mourn. I cry.
    Oh well,
    we'll find another guy.

• While I'm not the biggest McEvoy fan, he made the NFL active roster in his first year and stuck; can't say the same for Kasen.

He was going into his 3rd year with it mostly filled as a Practice Squad guy. If he wasn't going to make it this season, his chances of being a Seahawks were very slim.

This is a veteran team that neds swiss-army players to fill multiple spots. Not saying Williams couldn't do it but they obviously saw more in McEvoy (maybe due to this size and route skills).

• Well we all sort of assumed they'd keep 6 receivers as well.

I'm a bit worried thought. Richardson and Lockett don't have the physical presence of Kearse.. who is the big tough WR now? McEvoy I guess by default..

• There are some guys saying he's not a good blocker. I'm not one to watch 20+hrs of film a week, so I'll have to take their word on this.

• @veda-the-moor said in Kacen Kut.:

Well we all sort of assumed they'd keep 6 receivers as well.

I'm a bit worried thought. Richardson and Lockett don't have the physical presence of Kearse.. who is the big tough WR now? McEvoy I guess by default..

Darboh too once he's up to speed. Hopefully sooner than later

And yes I agree. The first thing I thought of when I saw that WR list was the fragility of it. I still kinda think its mostly because of Richardson. He already made a diving catch and hurt himself. Health of this unit as is will concern me the entire season.

• Darboh seems far from ready to play against NFL defenses. Lockett doesn't seem big enough but maybe he's tougher than we think. Maybe Richardson shows something he hasn't to this point. Feels like a lot of maybes with both Kearse and Williams gone. But we will see. A lot of talent there.

• I do recall it took Golden Tate some time to really develop however, the Hawks knew he had talent. I kinda see the Darboh situation in the same light. Weren't they both 3rd round picks too? Those kind of guys DO NOT last on waivers....EVER.