Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Rapoport: Kearse, Collins, Lane on the block

• Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
    @RapSheet
    Following
    More
    #Seahawks continue to actively gauge trade values, with talks involving CB Jeremy Lane, RB Alex Collins & WR Jermaine Kearse, sources say.
    7:38 AM - 31 Aug 2017

Might get a little sumthin' for Lane at least. Kearse and Lane are exactly the 2 players fans have been talking about that needed to be traded/released in order to get a little wiggle room under the cap. Hmmm.... New Seahawk on the way? O or D lineman?

I just like making moves for the sake of making moves. Awful I know.

• Collins, not a surprise.

Kearse, would think teams would wait to cut him rather than trade.

Lane, see above.

I get the Seahawks really like their rookies and I would say the WR move is more about Kasen than trying to "stash" Darboh.

Collins won't hurt seattle if he goes else where or gets cut; Kearse and Lane would be questionable veteran cuts/trades depending on what/if they get in return.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Kearse and Collins I doubt you can get much for. Lane.. a proven CB even if not stellar is a pretty marketable commodity I would think, and I doubt there is an air of desperation of trying to get rid of him. It would just mean one more youngster stays and has more chance to develop. There are a lot of CB needy teams out there.

That said the track record of Seahawk CBs when they leave Seattle and play in a different system isnt all that amazing.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

I think this pretty much proves that Carson is a lock to make the roster.

• @legionofboom said in Rapoport: Kearse, Collins, Lane on the block:

I think this pretty much proves that Carson is a lock to make the roster.

Yeah, something had to give. No way we could of stashed Carson away on the PS with the pre-season he had.

Kearse is getting interest from the Browns:
    https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/browns_should_pursue_seahawks.amp

Imagine going from perennial Super Bowl contender to..... the Browns. Kearse may retire instead. Lol

• That's how they do it in the NBA.

The one thing is that even if they cut/trade these guys the door is open for them to return.