Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Final Pre-Season Game @ Oakland Raiders

• The Starters won't be expected to play but what are you looking forward to in the final preseason game?

Roster battles:

• Back-up QB
    • RB Depth
    • WR Depth
    • OL Depth
    • WLB
    • DB Depth

• I think that most of depth will be determined by practice, more so than the game.

Not that pre-season games won't matter but there's more to see in practice than just on the field.

Is someone correcting their mistakes from practice on the field or do they fall back to bad habits?

My expectations going into the last game:

• Boykins and Davis will both get a half of football.
    • Carson, Davis and McKissic will see most of the snaps at RB; Madden will get more chances at FB; Collins is a roster-cut walking.
    • Williams will be the primary WR and then give way to guys like Kearse, Darboh, Moore, McCoy and Lawler.
    • The RG is still not solidified with Oboushi and Glowinki fighting for that final spot; LT, LG, C and RT have been solidified based on playing time. Pericak may overtake Hunt as the back-up C/G.
    • Garvin and Whilhoite seems to be the choice for the weakside spot so may see limited snaps.
    • S depth seems to be Hill (SS) and McDougald (FS) as the back-ups so expect Thompson, Elliot, Desir, Brock and Thorpe to get most of the playing time.

• The Slag and Parley Forums

Im interested in seeing how the QB situation is handled. The coaching staff wants Boykin to win..but they brought Davis in for a reaon. It may come down to philosophy.. go with the dynamic Boykin who probably has more upside but is erratic...or safe, steady Davis who has starting experience in the league. I wonder how much tomorrows game even matters in this regard and how much its already been decided.

Looking to see if Prosise can play at all.. if Rawls is ready to go..and how far Carson can climb the depth chart. Lacy isnt all that good in short yardage situation because he seems only difficult to take down after he has a full head of steam..so I wouldnt mind Rawls/Carson being 1a and 1b.. with Prosise the change of pace, mismatch and receiving RB with Lacy being let go because why waste that much money on a 3rd string RB?

Apparently Glowinski is the RG... I want him to get playing time and "prove it"..

Generally want to see how the WRs are used.. will they showcase Kearse for trade??

• alt text

Happy game day everyone.

Looking to see what happens with Collins, Kearse & Lane; not for their playing time but will they even be suited up/on-site?

• @sammyc521 said in Final Pre-Season Game @ Oakland Raiders:

alt text

Happy game day everyone.

Looking to see what happens with Collins, Kearse & Lane; not for their playing time but will they even be suited up/on-site?

Me too. I'm wondering if maybe Collins would play just to get more on tape? Kearse and Lane don't need to. They have plenty. There may not be much to lose for the Seahawks by featuring him tonight. Conversely, Collins may have a lot to gain. Actually it may be in both their interest to play him tonight and see if he can boost his stock.

• I would actually like to see Collins succeed somewhere else. I don't think he's great but he's probably closer to a JAG (just a guy) more so than the crap that gets said about him.

I always respect a guy that is willing to catch and pass block out of the gate.

Maybe KC comes calling?

• Banned

Anyone see that second interception by Boink?
    Anyone hear kaepernick's phone ringing?
    Might be time. One year contract with clauses, clauses, clauses.

(there is a game day thread too.. I was there lol)

Dont think they will bring in Kaep but agree that Boykin looks less and less like The Backup.. and I dont think they are really giving Davis a true look, despite him having NFL experience.

Maybe our #2 isnt on the roster right now.

• Banned

They need Kaep. This ain't makin' it. Unless of course he wants more than the one year contract money, which is in his best interests.
    Sorry Bahs if ah posted in the wrong hole.

Nah..doesnt matter I was just saying I was lonely in the other thread talking to myself. Dont project some other places attitudes to me. 🙂

• Banned

Maybe Davis, maybe.
    How cheap is Kaep?

• Banned

@veda-the-moor said in Final Pre-Season Game @ Oakland Raiders:

I was lonely in the other thread talking to myself.

Condolences. At least we winned, and spectacularly... kinda.

• @rocket said in Final Pre-Season Game @ Oakland Raiders:

Maybe Davis, maybe.
    How cheap is Kaep?

Would still love Kaep as a back-up for Seattle.

The issue before , if we believe the FO, is that Kaep is a starter.. and now that the season is starting it becomes..is Kaep at 0% playbook knowledge better than Davis at 100%..

Of course we also dont know how much money Kaep wants. I would think at this point he might be willing to take a small contract and rehab his career. Spend a year in Seattle with Wilson and Carroll and come out next year a much more marketable QB I would think..

• Banned

@veda-the-moor said in Final Pre-Season Game @ Oakland Raiders:

we also dont know how much money Kaep wants.

This is the key. Get him for a year, $2m , let him demonstrate that his detractors, like me, are wrong.
    Yeah, Kaep, after maybe three or four weeks, should be better'n Davis or the Boink. In the middle of the first month, tho... might get weird play-wise.
    He's still got the arms, and he's still got the legs tho... probably can't do reads for shit still.