With the biggest contributors done for the Pre-Season I came up with my list of Winners & Losers. Some fringe players will be fighting for spots in the final pre-season game.
- Russell Wilson - He's been on-fire through the Pre-Season. While his Redzone TD % isn't great, there's been enough flashes with this growing OL and with the young guys (Kasen & Carson) I am extremely confident about a healthy and slim Wilson this year.
- Doug Baldwin - Proving himself to be a top-flight WR in this league based on his route running and sneaky speed/atheleticism. He's catching nearly everything thrown his way from the outside and slot position. He's proving to be a mismatch for some DBs.
- Offensive Line (Minus Fant) - The injury to Fant is huge, but the Seahawks OL was never going from the bottom-third of OLs in the NFL to top-third. They moved to the thresholds of the bottom of the 2nd-tier and now have a chance to hang around the mid-20's based on OL rankings. What we saw in the 3rd game was solid pass defense (against a vanilla scheme and limited blitzes to force Wilson to throw from the pocket) and all it lead to was 200 yards in the air. Aboushi did turn into a turnstile for one play and it lead to the only sack against Wilson in the 3rd preseason game.
- Eddie Lacy & Chris Carson - All other RBs have either been absent (Rawls & Prosise), designated to mop-up duty (JD Micisic & Mike Davis), or they end up not getting any meaningful snaps (Alex Collins) which means that Carson has really helped himself and I don't see any reason why he won't be the 4th RB. Carson. Carson has shown ability to run in the lanes provided, fight past arm tackles and fight for extra yards. I was concerned about his pass catching and pass-blocking (two things that other RBs have shown a better skill than Carson) but in the 3rd pre-season game I was very pleased with Carson in his limited catching/pass blocking opportunities. Lacy got on the filed and played well which is more than Rawls or Prosise.
- Jermaine Kearse - There's nothing that Kearse did to warrant people hating on him through this pre-season. His lone misstep is probably in special teams coverage where he took a bad angle against KC and helped give up the TD. He had a huge catch on the sideline and fought through contact with a perfectly placed ball by Wilson.
- Kasen Williams - While not putting up high-light reels in game 3, he was big on special teams with the recovery of a blocked-punt that was touched by KC. Those kinds of plays will only help him make this team when it comes to ball awareness.
- LOB + Jeremy Lane - Kam, Earl and Sherman has all delivered all pre-season. Earl looks 100% healthy and is diving into every pile like it's his last. Kam has been solid as well. Sherman with the best hit of the day on a pass to the flats and just drove the WR into the ground. Lane has also looked great when it comes to sliding into the Nickel or outside in base defense.
- Blair Walsh - I assumed that Walsh would get cut midway through the pre-season for another K but that seems less likely to happen as the Seahawks have seem him kick his FGs well (he went 2/3 in 50+ yard FGs in game two & in game three, he got to re-kick a ball off the uprights due to a defensive penalty). The fact he also taunted the Vikings after hitting his 2nd 50+ yard FG was pretty funny.
- Alex Collins - Dude is Just-A-Guy and hasn't done much to help separate himself. He's 100% unsexy and he's messed up when he needed a perfect pre-season. He lost a fumbled that lead to a TD in game two late but redeemed himself by burning out the clock; it's going to be too little to late compared to how well Carson's played.
- Rookies not names Griffin, Jones, Carson, Hill or Pocic - This is a veteran team and none of the guys have really dazzled; Darboh, Thompson, Senior and Moore. None of these guys have stood out when given a chance. Not expecting a lot of them when they were some chances for them to climb the roster.
- Trevone Boykins - After a great 1st pre-season game I feel that Austin Davis has played better than Boykins overall. He's going through a sophomore slump maybe due to the Seahawks asking him to do more. In the 3rd game he went 0 for 6 on attempts with an INT. His skill set mirrors Wilson and he warrants a spot moreso than Davis but it's another example of how much teams can lose if they don't have a quality starter at QB.