Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Who will be the Seahawks leading rusher this season?

• I expect competition between Lacy and Rawls to get pretty intense. I have to believe the young guy will come out on top and hopefully for the better. Collins and Prosise are sure to see their fair share of action, assuming they can hold off the competition of the younger up and comers, but neither are likely to see the lion's share of carries without a couple of disastrous injuries.

I do expect Lacy to contribute positively throughout the season, so I'm gonna say Rawls beats him out by roughly 20%-30%. Like maybe 800 to 600, something like that. With the committee situation likely I don't expect any one player to break 1k, but if we can get 1500-2000 out of the crew (not including what Russell should bring to the table) I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

My brain is out of football shape. This was an exercise for me more than anything else haha. Let me know what you think.

• I think it all comes down to who is healthy and so far, I would bet that it's Lacy that lead the Seahawks in rushing.

If he's healthy and gets 15+ snaps per game, he'll get to the 700-850 mark.

I don't have faith and Rawls or Prosise can stay healthy enough to get the reps needed. I agree with your numbers and thinking that we can have a solid RBBC this year.

If they are all healthy, I see us making it to the NFC Championship game no doubt.

And in other words, no one worth taking in Fantasy unless it's your 3rd or Flex position.

• I'm giving Rawls one more chance to prove he's not "injury prone" and that the last couple injuries were just unfortunate happenings. My faith in him not getting injured is about the same as my faith in Lacy keeping his weight down: cautiously optimistic. That said, even an overweight Lacy can be an effective runner and a real hard mother effer to bring down. A broken Rawls doesn't help at all.

• Two seasons with multiple injuries has Rawls banging on the "injury prone" label along with Prosise.

The fact that none of them will be getting reps like a featured back may help keep them fresher. Or hope it will at least.

• Remember Rawls in the playoff game against the Lions? Imagine if we got that Rawls for an entire season. Of course, imagine if we got to play the Lions defense for an entire season.

• I was with you at that game. It was so beautiful. They couldn't do anything.

I think the other issue is that the Seahawks dont have confidence in either Rawls or Prosise. It's pretty damning when your team acquires one of the top FA's in the position you play.

• I really want Procise to stay healthy this year. He is that x-factor. Imagine if we could get close to Patriots game production out of him.

• @Smoke-M2D6 Yes. If he could be our Warrick Dunn or Darren Sproles with Rawls/Lacy doing the heavy lifting that would be fantastic.

• Not sure how he overall yearly numbers break down but I think talent prevails and Prosise ends up with the highest percentage of work as the year goes on. He will start off in a Satellite role and slowly progress into more and more carries. His advanced metrics and profile are closer to David Johnson than just about anyone else and they are extremely excited about him inside the building.

• Well if that ends up being the case, and it's not due to injuries to other guys, I'll be happy. I guess I just still think of Prosise as a WR and it's been hard to think of him as a true RB as opposed to a scat back/receiving threat. I suppose it's time for me to get over that.

Honestly, if even two of these guys can live up to their potential (or in Lacy's case get back to the level performance that we know he's capable of) then I think the team can be successful.

• The metrics guys are in love with Prosise. That doesn't always gaurantee success obviously but it's interesting regardless. Not sure anything would surprise me at this point with any of the 3 having a big year. The smart money seems to be on Lacy, Rawls when healthy has been as good as anyone and Prosise is possibly the most gifted.

• @austinslater25 said in Who will be the Seahawks leading rusher this season?:

The metrics guys are in love with Prosise. That doesn't always gaurantee success obviously but it's interesting regardless. Not sure anything would surprise me at this point with any of the 3 having a big year. The smart money seems to be on Lacy, Rawls when healthy has been as good as anyone and Prosise is possibly the most gifted.

Prosise probably has the largest up-side of any RB we have on the roster and it was on display in the game against NE... but the dude has a history of injuries and they are not all related.

I remember in the first Training Camp (I went with Vetamur) and he didn't even make it through the first one.

If healthy, I think the Seahawks go very far with this RB group as they are so dynamic and can complement each other very well. It's almost as if we are copying the RB styles of NE with Lacy, Rawls and Prosise.

• Whoever is still standing at the end of the year, has the best chance of being the leading rusher. It's a war of attrition.

• @billa said in Who will be the Seahawks leading rusher this season?:

Whoever is still standing at the end of the year, has the best chance of being the leading rusher. It's a war of attrition.

Your 2017 contestants:

alt text

Not sure what Davis is doing in that picture

• QUARTERBACKING

• Sorry, I meant QUARTERBACKIN

Youtube Video

• Prosise has the talent but he just doesnt have every down back appeal.. Not saying hes purely a 3rd down guy at all..but hes not going to get 12 carries a game.

I think through 6 games Lacy will have the most CARRIES.. by the end of the season Rawls will have overtaken him.

• We've got a couple of guys with something to prove... Rawls that he can stay healthy and be a featured back, and Lacy that he can stay in game shape and recapture the tackle-breaking form he had as a rookie. I'm hoping Lacy has enough motivation to earn the bulk of the carries, leaving Rawls fresher to last the entire season. And Prosise.... I don't expect him to be close to a leading "rusher." I think he'll get the bulk of his touches through the air.

• @sammyc521 said in Who will be the Seahawks leading rusher this season?:

Two seasons with multiple injuries has Rawls banging on the "injury prone" label along with Prosise.

The fact that none of them will be getting reps like a featured back may help keep them fresher. Or hope it will at least.

The team messed up there in the second injury. He was not at 100%...only 80 or less. It was a splash and nice to see for morale purposes but not effective in the long run. I dont believe he was in football shape all the way too. Hence the second injury. I like his elusiveness and willingness to attack defenders as well.
    I think Collins will make a bigger splash this season than last year. He does have the qualities needed to make a great running back. He showed that in the last few games last season. Lacy with Rawls and Collins makes for some really bad days for the defenses. Go Hawks.

• @seahawkfan80 what's up Mr 80! Had to fight off any badgers lately?

• @zeb-stark Not yet buddy. Escaped so far. Not sure, but looks like a badger or a lot of gophers are in one area next door. It is ok. I am slower but can get to my quad pretty quick. LOL

• What a great, tough question; dependent on so many factors...

I can see Seattle executing a Patriots approach to their running back corps, picking their backs based on favorable matchups.

On pure rushing yards, it has to come down to Lacy or Rawls, seeing as Procise is a far greater threat catching the football.

Obviously durability is a factor, with all three backs being injury prone.

Additionally, I believe the bigger Lacy needs a greater head-start than Rawls, meaning the line can not be a mess for him to succeed.

Rawls never really was healthy last season, and he only got his full cutting strength back towards the end of the season. This year, IF he can stay healthy, he should be much better.

It really depends on who gels with the line the best in my opinion, we saw the effect of that with Rawls in that 2015 stretch of brilliance.

I'm going to go with Lacy. If this happens, the line will be good at run-blocking and we'll have a perfect change of pace compliment in Rawls waiting behind him.

• Put it this way... which Seahawks RB are you drafting first? Who's the Handcuff? Who is the "Sleeper?"

First - Lacy
    Handcuff - Rawls
    Sleeper - Prosise

• When you put it that way I'm targeting CJ. Seattle went from being a top explosive play running game to mediocre in that category and it's important to what Pete wants to do. A healthy Wilson plays a big part in that but CJ is the one guy who can be special in that regard.

• To begin the season:
    Lacy will be the workhorse.
    Rawls will be our Maurice Morris (and we'll hold our breath every time he touches the ball).
    Prosise will be our 3rd down back (and we'll hold our breath every time he touches the ball).
    I like Alex Collins and think that he's more productive than he looks.
    I know nothing about Chris Carson. In his few college highlights it looks like he runs with intensity.