TE 26 Jacob Hollister RFA
    T 26 Jordan Simmons ERFA
    LB 23 Emmanual Ellerbe ERFA
    G 27 Jordan Roos ERFA
    FS 24 Ryan Neal ERFA
    WR 24 Malik Turner ERFA
    CB 25 Jeremy Boykins ERFA
    TE 25 Tyrone Swoopes ERFA

Five defensive starters and five offensive starters are set to hit FA. All the guys bolded started multiple games.

• gonna right my quick initial thoughts with each. AFter their name, since the copy and paste was messy.

DE
    Jadeveon Clowney: I want him back but not at what he will cost. He will want ELITE edge money but hes not that. Hes a unique type you have to create a situation for, and then when you do, he opens things for others. I dont want him at 20 milion a year. We will get a 3rd rounder in 2021 for him most likely.

UFA

DE
    Ziggy Ansah : done. bye Felicia.
    UFA

OLB
    Mychal Kendricks: Worth more to us than anyone else so cheap contract offer.
    UFA

OT
    George Fant: I want him back and back as what he was this year.
    UFA

OG
    Mike Iupati: move on.
    UFA

DT
    Al Woods: cheap run stop veteran type contract would be my offer.
    UFA

RT
    Germain Ifedi: Interested in what the market says about him.
    UFA

DE
    Quinton Jefferson: probably another person worth more to us than others. low level contract offer.
    UFA

WR
    Josh Gordon: Wilson hopes he is back and thats good enough for me. If he is allowed to play, give him a min deal with incentives.
    UFA

WR
    Jaron Brown: good luck to you Mr.Brown.
    UFA

CB
    Akeem King: offer him a contract that values him as a depth CB who knows the scheme.
    UFA

DT
    Jaran Reed: I dont know what to do here. Probably someone will pay him based on his 10 sacks in 2018..but his isnt a 10 sack guy in reality. But we need him. so...
    UFA

RB
    Marshawn Lynch: THanks for trying man.
    UFA

CB
    Nieko Thorpe: Love his special teams but probably replaceable.
    UFA

OLB
    Dekota Watson: Who?
    UFA

RB
    Robert Turbin: thanks for playing and the nostalgia.
    UFA

QB
    Geno Smith: weird choice to sign in seattle.. he wants to be a starter so he needs to go where he has a chance to play.. like Philly or Carolina where starters are always hurt and he can prove himself. If he wants to stay , Id be down.
    UFA

TE
    Luke Willson: Cool guy, his time is probably done here.
    UFA

RB
    CJ Prosise bye.
    UFA

C
    Joey Hunt I dont know.. we didnt get that much worse but he wasnt great. Smart guy.
    UFA

DE
    Branden Jackson. FA already? Huh. depends on what he wants. nothing special so...
    UFA

CB
    Kalan Reed. Really have no idea.
    UFA

WR
    David Moore. Will probably want to go somewhere where he gets more playing time.
    RFA

TE
    Jacob Hollister. I want him back.
    RFA

T
    Jordan Simmons. Had high hopes for him..would like him back.
    ERFA

LB
    Emmanual Ellerbe. Im sorry, im not familiar with that term.
    ERFA

G
    Jordan Roos
    ERFA

FS
    Ryan Neal
    ERFA

WR
    Malik Turner. Better than I expected but there will be stiff competition again next year. With Ursua coming back and presumably a drafted WR and UDFA.. probably time to churn the bottom of the roster. But they do like him so a small offer?
    ERFA

CB
    Jeremy Boykins. Minimum offer.
    ERFA

TE
    Tyrone Swoopes. Min. offer.

• @Veda-the-Moor I agree with those quick assessments. I didn't know this but apparently Joey Hunt played this season with a cracked fibula! Ouch! When it comes to Clowney, I may be comfortable throwing more money at him than you are but agree, I don't want the Seahawks to make him the highest paid DE in the game.

• Clowney had 3 sacks. THREE.

Yes, yes.. pressures...win %.. but.. thats part of it. He beat his guy at the 5th highest rate in the league and only got 3 sacks. So hes beating the guy too late or for whatever reason just cant get there. Clowney at 20 million or a 3rd rounder for cheap for 5 years? Probably I want the 3rd rounder..but it depends on who or what is available.

That Collier pick is going to hurt more next year than this if he doesnt grow into the job.

• @Veda-the-Moor Clowney at 20mil makes me cringe. I hope it doesn't come to that. I don't have enough information to give a number I would be comfy with though. But Clowney is a superstar. A superstar with 3 sacks sure but with all the extra stuff he does, I'm willing to pay a bit more as a bet that he will continue to do all that extra stuff AND increase his sack numbers. He's the kind of player I wouldn't mind betting on if I was JS.

I've already listed Collier as a bust and a negative point on JS's resume. Pissed. Could have really used at least a functional DE this year but nope. Turned out we didn't have one in our 1st round pick.

• Here's the thing... I don't think I'm willing to overpay for any of these guys. Which may not be what Pete/John want but I don't think anyone here is worth breaking the bank for.

If we can work out a contract, I would like to see:
    DE Jadeveon Clowney - As Ross stated, his value isn't in the stats which is why this is a tough re-sign; are you doing it for what he helps others do but not himself?

OT George Fant - with only two starters signed for next year (and both being potential cap casualties) it would be nice to bring back some familiarity. Maybe he locks down the RT spot and we have 60% of our week one OL return.

WR Josh Gordon - I love what he can bring and I think that the NFL drug policy is super weak.

WR David Moore - I thought he played poorly his first half but really came up in the 2nd half. I would like to see him become more defined in his WR role; I'm not quite sure where he fits but as an RFA I would sign him up for a 2nd-round tender (where he's more valuable to use than another team).

That's it... Everyone else seems super replaceable through the draft or as street FA's.

• @sammyc521 what about Reed? Any thoughts? It’s the nightmare case where a player has a great year the year BEFORE his contract year.. so you can chase that or think it was fluke and risk having him reproduce it next year for someone else. Especially with the suspension he had... hard to tell what might have been.

• Reed is an interesting one. He was suspended for 6 games (the highest for a domestic issue with no conviction, let alone a charge; but I trust the NFL had enough evidence and wanted to look tough), but Reed just looked like a guy.

I didn't see him opening up other players while occupying a double-time; he had 27 tackles but it was his "worst" year since his rookie season. That's not what I would have wanted to see from a guy looking to get paid going into his Free Agent year.

My worry is that some other team will see his 10.5 sack year and overpay him. I'm not willing to do that for a guy that wasn't collapsing pockets for our Ends and LBs to get through.

Now, if everyone else sees this and no one wants to pay him...if Reed wants to build his name back up on a one-year $10M deal... I'd think about it. That would put him on the outside of the top 12 for DTs in yearly pay.