Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Marshawn Lynch & Robert Turbin back with Seahawks

• Lord knows we needed some help at the position. Excited to have the Beast back, of course. Hopefully he's still got enough in the tank to be productive.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28362887/seahawks-add-rbs-marshawn-lynch-robert-turbin

Running back Marshawn Lynch and the Seattle Seahawks agreed to a deal on Monday, Lynch's agent announced.

Lynch's contract is for this season only -- Week 17 against the San Francisco 49ers and the postseason, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Seahawks also signed Robert Turbin, who spent his first three NFL seasons with the Seahawks. Lynch and Turbin fill backfield spots that opened Sunday when Chris Carson and C.J. Prosise suffered season-ending injuries.

Lynch, who was in Seattle on Monday to take a physical, spent parts of six seasons with the Seahawks from 2010 to 2015, helping the team reach two Super Bowls. The five-time Pro Bowler came out of a one-year retirement to play for his hometown team, the Oakland Raiders, in 2017 and 2018.

Lynch, 33, hasn't played this season but didn't file retirement paperwork with the league.

• So.. expecations? hopes? I dont know what to expect. Turbin will be the change of pace and maybe 3rd down back..? Lynch starts immediately? Homer didnt look bad at all to me..

Is this our Jerome Bettis thing? I mean, if we advance in the playoffs with Lynch its gonna be a huge storyline.....

No chance we bring back Brandon Browner and Jeremy Lane?

• I expect Homer to get the most reps and hope they play the hot hand.

Not expecting a lot from the two new players with only 3 days of practice.

• What a great game!! We didn't win, but we sure gave'm hell. I love the heart in this team!!

Go 'Hawks!!

• Yea..so many people are down..but I saw a lot of positive. Was surprised that Turbin didnt get any snaps but Homer was excellent. With Carson having a career year BUT finishing on IR again.. Im kind of assuming no extension for him...

Lynch.. wasnt 2012 Lynch but did show some ability to contribute to both the physical play of the team and to the morale.