G DJ Fluker $2,125,000 $3,500,000 UFA
    G Ethan Pocic+ $1,202,653 $1,402,873 UFA
    C Joey Hunt $720,000 UFA
    G Phil Haynes $605,776 $757,718 $847,718
    T Jordan Simmons+ $570,000 ERFA
    T Jamarco Jones $556,250 $721,250 $811,253
    G Demetrius Knox+ $380,666 $512,666 $677,668
    G Jordan Roos $301,764 ERFA

Of the guys that have their contract set to expire after 2019... not sure who the Seahawks desperately need to keep for 2020. Our depth doesn't look so great with four starters set to hit free agency.

• I think this position group is going to be one of the most interesting to watch during the next offseason. Both the o-line and d-line should be among their top priorities IMO.

Not sure what to do with Ifedi. Seems like he's finally had a decent season with minimal penalties (knock on wood). I assume he'll be testing the FA market rather than jumping at a deal from the Hawks, especially since the Hawks didn't pick up the 5th year option. Will he be getting offers near the top of the RT market? Not sure what other teams think of him and obviously the o-line talent is down across the league, so that's going to help his $$ cause.

I think the team really likes Jamarco Jones, especially since seeing him come in and play RG for the first time in his playing career and actually have himself a game. From what I've heard they're pretty high on Phil Haynes as well.

If Britt comes back healthy and has himself a strong 2020 season, I can see the Hawks extending him. Pocic and Hunt may be able to play C, but I'd like someone there who's bigger and more than "serviceable." Britt will be 29 next year so it may not be out of the picture to throw a two year extension at him. We'll see.

I still love DJ Fluker, in fact he might be my favorite "new" Seahawk over the last two seasons. One, because I love his game and mentality and (B because he's hilarious in interviews. Fluke the same age as Britt, so I think he's in the watch-and-see boat as well in regards to health, etc.

What I WOULD REALLY like to see, is a transition from such a road-grading run happy personnel to a group that's more athletic and able to pass block better. I feel like a crazy person asking the Hawks to build around Russell Wilson (ya know, the future first ballot HOF QB) for yet another year. It'll likely never happen with Pete around, so I just hope Russ can stay healthy enough and keep playing at a high level well into his 30's.

• I think Britt is gone.. we havent really gotten worse in most aspects with Hunt in.. and so why devote 12 million to Britt?

I get the desire to move away from road graders..but its a Money Ball thing. You can go out and get the best available RUN guard for 3 million or less. If you want the PASSING guard..thats going to cost you 8, 9 million. So.. who DONT you want to keep then, because thats a 6 million dollar gap.

Ifedi..I said this in the pod cast as well.. is hard because he is too good to cut and too bad to keep. Probably have to let him walk because someone will overpay for him.

• @Veda-the-Moor said in Seahawks 2020 Offensive Line:

I think Britt is gone.. we havent really gotten worse in most aspects with Hunt in.. and so why devote 12 million to Britt?

I get the desire to move away from road graders..but its a Money Ball thing. You can go out and get the best available RUN guard for 3 million or less. If you want the PASSING guard..thats going to cost you 8, 9 million. So.. who DONT you want to keep then, because thats a 6 million dollar gap.

Ifedi..I said this in the pod cast as well.. is hard because he is too good to cut and too bad to keep. Probably have to let him walk because someone will overpay for him.

Really good points, Veda. I guess I hadn't really thought of the salary cap effects of keeping Britt around when Hunt has been able to step-in and do a decent job.

• Position Name 2020 Salary
    LT Duane Brown $12,000,000
    LG Jamarco Jones $721,250
    C Justin Britt $11,666,668
    RG DJ Fluker $3,5000,000
    RT Jordan Simmons ERFA (~$750,000)
    Total $28.5M

If you look at just the players are the signed for 2020, this is your potential starting OLine. You are replacing your LG, and RT and losing your 6th best OL in George Fant.

You could cut Britt and save almost $12M and try Ethan Pocic as your Center but I don't think the Seahawks would be as comfortable with that as their season starter.

I agree that their DL is almost as concerning as all four of their starters are Free Agents next year; Clowney, Reed, Woods, & Jefferson.

• I think they will re sign Fant. Hes worth more to us than to any other team. Hunt as well. Im willing to go with Jones at LG maybe..

Some tough, strategic decisions are going to have to be made for sure..on both sides of the line!