Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Seahawks trade for S Quandre Diggs from Lions

• Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    Trade! The #Lions are sending safety Quandre Diggs and a seventh-round pick in 2021 to the #Seahawks for a fifth-round pick in 2020, per sources.

• Meh... Safety wasn't the issue Sunday except for a 50-yard bomb.

• I don't know. Something needs to improve on this defense. I'm thinking anything that improves the secondary will help the front 7 get some sacks. Injuries to Hill and McDougald and T2 suckin' mud leaves us with a rookie back there. Ugo at this point is a special teams player. Diggs is an upgrade over T2 and Blair. Diggs and McDougald will give us a legit S tandem for the rest of the season. I think Blair will still get playing time, but won't be thrown into the fire unless an injury forces him to start. Next season is Diggs and Blair.

See, I got it all planned out. No worries.

IMO, I think T2 hasn't been grading out well even without counting the big plays. Its just a hunch. I have no experience studying film and I don't have any info on his responsibilities on each and every play, but it sounds like from what's been said up to this point that T2 is great in practice but he may not be a gamer. Who knows why but it may not be translating to game day. Diggs for the Hawks extra 5 is too good to pass up and will give time for Blair to develop. I think T2's time is over and the Hawks will soon move on.

• Never seen that kind of outpour from a player's previous team.

Lots of shock and disappointment coming from the Lions team based upon their twitter reactions.

• Safety wasnt the concern except for the score it essentially gave up? Hmm. Safety is a huge concern and Free Safety is the engine that makes Pete's offense go. Hes been desparate to get good safety play since last year and for him that 50 yarder was everything. And it really is. Thats just giving away a score.

I dont think it will be Diggs and McDougald. It will likely be Diggs and Blair, IMO. Pete wants to get younger and dynamic. Bradley is a good, safe option but he isnt a play maker. He never has been. Hes always been a safe option.

T2 is awful and its almost all because of instincts. He has the actual mechanics to be good at the position. But he bites on fakes, takes the wrong angle, makes the wrong read, starts the wrong direction constantly. And loves to get too deep..except when it matters seemingly.

Dont think our D is one player away..but this will help.

• @Veda-the-Moor said in Seahawks trade for S Quandre Diggs from Lions:

Safety wasnt the concern except for the score it essentially gave up? Hmm. Safety is a huge concern and Free Safety is the engine that makes Pete's offense go. Hes been desparate to get good safety play since last year and for him that 50 yarder was everything. And it really is. Thats just giving away a score.

I'll see you on the Podcast!