Message from the Hawks Cast Team || Hawks Cast Forum Rules

Freddie Prinze Jr on Star Wars & its Fans (lots of F bombs)

• Um.. this is actually more interesting than I thought it would be, and Freddie Prinze Jr actually knows his stuff on a certain level.. and mostly he is tilling at windmills here. But he shows strong background knowledge and so hats off to him, and I agree with a couple points.. the EU (extended universe, not the political and economic entity the UK is trying to leave) doesnt "get it".

But a couple things he gets wrong here.. if twins are born to balance Vader and Palpatine...um..that actually makes it 4 on 2. Because Yoda and Kenobi were around. Although arguably this just points to the fact that Vader and Palpatine didnt know Yoda existed.

Also..Ive never seen anyone argue that Palpatine shouldnt have seduced Anakin to the dark side.. and he is over stating how clear cut it is that all Force users know that the Force will kill them to get balance.. Vader was very clearly plotting to kill the Emperor in both TESP and Return of the Jedi.

Overall, good rant and Id listen to a Freddie Star Wars podcast.

• @Veda-the-Moor said in Freddie Prinze Jr on Star Wars & its Fans (lots of F bombs):

But a couple things he gets wrong here.. if twins are born to balance Vader and Palpatine...um..that actually makes it 4 on 2. Because Yoda and Kenobi were around. Although arguably this just points to the fact that Vader and Palpatine didnt know Yoda existed.

Also..Ive never seen anyone argue that Palpatine shouldnt have seduced Anakin to the dark side.. and he is over stating how clear cut it is that all Force users know that the Force will kill them to get balance.. Vader was very clearly plotting to kill the Emperor in both TESP and Return of the Jedi.

Right, but Yoda & Obi's fight vs Palpatine & Vader was over. Palpatine defeated Yoda and Obi defeated Anakin, but once the twins were born both the elder Jedi stepped away from the fight and their respective roles became only to help prepare Luke and Leia for their fight. That's why he mentions Yoda and Palpatine being the "smartest", because that's in and of itself a balance which is thrown off when Palpatine is successful in seducing Anakin instead of just killing him.

I don't think he was saying all Force users know they have to die for balance, he's saying that Palpatine, being the smartest person in the universe, knows that's what will happen if he kills Anakin. And Vader, having been seduced by the dark side, and not being the smartest person in the universe, was not thinking of the Force maintaining balance when he was considering killing Palpatine. Just like Palpatine wasn't thinking about that when he killed Plagueis, only to have the Force respond by creating Anakin (obviously a lot of conjecture there, but based on what I know it makes sense to me).